Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea. It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 400,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston,USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
We need a UX Product Designer to join our team in Central London.
The Product Team are responsible for driving a rapid, iterative experimental process to find the right technology products to deliver for our customers – whether that’s small businesses, our insurance partners, our consultants in Northampton, or our internal teams. Working closely with Technology teams, it’s an exciting time to be part of the team as we adopt new Product ways of working and set ourselves up to be the absolute best in Product Management and UX Design.
What you will be doing:
- Design beautiful, clear interfaces for our products by partnering closely with product and engineering to translate business and users’ goals into elegant product designs
- Responsible for the whole end-to-end design: from low fidelity wireframes through to final high-fidelity designs.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and team members to brainstorm new products, features and functionalities that enhance our mobile and web experiences
- Staying close to our customer by working with our Customer Insight teams on user research events and testing your designs with users
- Use both qualitative and quantitative research to inform design decisions
Support and influence product prioritisation
What we are looking for:
- A portfolio showcasing your talent and ability
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 5+ years of experience in a related field
- Passion for solving customer problems and building amazing customer-facing products from environments such as e-commerce or FinTech.
- Experience in working on responsive websites/web applications
- Be extremely familiar with user experience design, product management, software engineering, and agile development environments
- The ability to turn complex use cases into intuitive and shippable product experiences
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to present projects and status reports to team leadership.
- Strong organization and analytic thinking skills, with ability to translate content into user stories, flows and diagrams
- Proven track record of collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams
Ability to thrive in an open, creative and ambiguous environment
- Experience working independently with clients or stakeholders
- An understanding of WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards
- A proven ability to develop interactive prototypes for testing using tools like Balsamiq, Axure and/or InVision
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretch themselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customers time and effort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences