- We have a global crowd of professional testers who find bugs in apps before they’re released – we test for companies like Facebook, Microsoft and Canon.
- We’re VC backed by the guys behind Zoopla, LoveFilm, Shazam, Ocado and Betfair.
- We’ve been chosen as one of the UK’s fastest growing tech companies by Tech City.
- We also organise Testathons around the world with companies like Facebook, Dropbox, Spotify and King – see the video here.
When the likes of Spotify or Facebook need their apps tested globally, they use Global App Testing – our vision is that we become as invaluable for the rest of the startup ecosystem as we are for our current customers. In order to achieve our vision, we are looking for our first Product Designer to help productise our offering and turn what are currently complex and messy business processes into simple, elegant user flows.
As a Product Designer, you will solve difficult design problems every day by incorporating the needs of the user with the objectives of the business, and will create solutions that focus on minimalism and reducing noise. You will think not just about solving individual design problems, but also about the sum of the user experience, and – like Global App Testing as a whole – will strive to disrupt rather than simply optimise.
- You know the importance of user research and customer intelligence, you know how to conduct interviews and extract customer problems from them.
- You work collaboratively with product managers, engineers and analysts to brainstorm new features and define success criteria.
- You can sketch, ideate, and generate new concepts quickly based on stakeholder direction and self-driven research.
- You strive to design flows and experiences that not only solve problems in creative and innovative ways, but are incredibly simple and elegant at the same time.
- You understand design within an agile setting, and consistently ensure that assets are delivered both on time and in a format that is easy for the team to understand (wireframes, user stories, user journeys, interactive mockups, hi-fi designs etc.)
- You know how software development works, you are familiar with strengths and limitations of both Web and Mobile.You enjoy contributing to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams.
- Over 3 years of experience as a web-based UX or Product Designer
- Strong portfolio of successful design projects to present at interviews
- Experience working within a product company
- Adept at designing in lo-fi & hi-fi design software alike
- Experience of KPI/metrics-driven design
- Experience running customer interviews
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of technology and what is possible
- Self-driven and organised – you don’t need hand-holding or micromanaging
- Experience working in B2B/Enterprise
- Experience working in a startup
- Experience working within an agile, cross-functional team