We are currently recruiting for an exceptional Product Manager with 1-2 years experience, reporting to the VP Product, to join a small Product team, which also includes UX and Product Design, as we build out a product that will define a whole new category.
As our first Product Manager, you must be a self-starting, motivated individual, comfortable working in a lean and changing environment. With strong technical skills and keen attention to detail, you must be passionate about building a new consumer product from the ground up.
With every day different (as it always is in Product Management!), we’re looking for someone who can adapt and change as we bring on new clients and learn more about our partners, someone who really can juggle, prioritise, control, improve, problem solve, and communicate. We’ve a huge growth curve ahead of us and it’s absolutely going to require exceptional product development skills.
You’ll have all of the tools you need – outstanding developers, product designers, and some of the best clients and partners in the world – as well as the support of an experienced VP of Product, a CEO from a Product background, and the rest of Leadership Team. Our promise to you is one of autonomy, collaboration, ambition, and vision.
We’re very much looking for the archetypal Product Manager personality profile… Boundless energy, clear communications, acute attention to detail, and an obsession with making things work (perfectly).
- Experience in product management, having previously taken a product(s) from concept to launch and beyond
- Experience in day-to-day backlog management, acceptance criteria definition, iteration planning, and elaboration of user stories
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work closely with VP of Product to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value
- Flexibility to refine our agile methodology based on results and the changing nature of our team and priorities
- A natural collaborator, with experience of working in multifunctional teams, creating and enhancing a product roadmap, managing prioritisation, and executing through to delivery
- A good understanding of strategy, with hands-on experience of the tactics needed to deliver as planned
- Proven experience working successfully with developer teams or agencies
- A solid track record of delivering beautiful, efficient, and exciting consumer software / application products
- Experience using data and testing to inform the design, product, and strategic decision-making processes
- Comfortable controlling the product development process – from user stories and workflow management to scope management and decision making
- A problem solver – either individually, in small groups, or as a whole team
- Great facilitation, diplomacy and negotiation skills across design, tech and strategy, enabling you to have difficult conversations and influence decisions
- Deep experience of gathering requirements, defining specification, and deciding what is ‘in’ and what’s ‘out’ in the master plan
- The experience to know the difference between what people want and what the product needs
- The type of personality that thrives in a fast paced, and often pivoting, atmosphere where new ideas can change everything all at once on an almost daily basis
Nice to haves:
- Experience in a fast-moving new technology company
- Experience with online marketplaces
- Experience working with travel partners
- Experience working with financial services clients
- The ability to work in one or more foreign languages
- We use Atlassian for everything – it’d be great if you love it as much as we do
- Formal Agile / Scrum / PRINCE2 (etc) training
- Technology background with knowledge of software development or digital technologies