Salary: £32,000-38,000 depending on experience
We are currently recruiting for an exceptional UX Designer with one or two years’ relevant experience, preferably working on end-to-end product development. Reporting to the VP of Product, you’ll be part of a new team working on a new product that will define a whole new category. When we say this is a greenfield opportunity, we really do mean it.
Our promise to you is one of autonomy, collaboration, ambition, and vision. Along with a promise and commitment to put usability, and user experience, at the heart of everything we do. You’ll be joining a team that’s obsessed with shipping the best product.
We’re looking for someone who really can juggle, prioritise, control, improve, problem solve, and communicate across disciplines, including Product, Technology, Design and Commercial. Our ideal candidate will be able to integrate with our current Product team: a UX Designer, Product Designer and VP of Product. You’ll understand aesthetic design and development but be focused on service design and the experience of our unique user groups, across responsive web and within native applications. Experience of working in-house on one or more products, would be beneficial.
You’ll have all of the tools you need – outstanding developers, product managers, and some of the best clients and partners in the world – as well as the support of an experienced VP.
We expect you’ll be excited about user testing, focus groups, research, hypothesising, experimentation, wireframing, rapid prototyping, disruption, new ways of doing something, user journeys, user stories, sketching, questioning, complexity, simplicity and elegant solutions.
- Proven experience working as a UX Designer on mobile and desktop products
- A natural collaborator, with experience of working in multifunctional teams, creating and enhancing the user experience of software and applications
- Used to working in partnership – with Designers, Developers, Product Managers and Commercial – you will have strong influencing and mediation skills, and know when to apply them
- A good understanding of UX principles and strategies
- Proven experience working successfully with developer teams
- A solid track record of delivering user experiences that not only work, but also transform and disrupt the ‘normal’ way of doing things
- Great analytical skills, using data and testing to inform your process
- Experience working as part of an Agile / Lean development process
- A problem solver – either individually, in small groups, or as a whole team
- The ability to talk to design and non-design / tech and non-tech people equally
- Deep experience of gathering requirements, defining specification, deciding flow, developing high-level information architecture and determining how we’ll test something
- The experience to know the difference between what people say they want, how they actually behave, and what the product needs
- The type of personality that thrives in a fast paced, and often pivoting, atmosphere where new ideas can change everything all at once on an almost daily basis
- Mastery of all relevant software – including InVision and Sketch
Nice to haves:
- Experience in a fast-moving new technology company
- Experience with online marketplaces
- Experience working with travel brands
- Experience working with financial services brands
- We use Atlassian for everything – it’d be great if you love it as much as we do
- Experience developing a Product from scratch
- Experience creating flexible designs for international markets