FreeAgent is one of the leading online accounting platforms in the UK with over 70,000 customers and continued fast growth. We’re on a mission to democratise accounting for small businesses across the world! Our app is loved by tens of thousands of people worldwide, and it’s a great opportunity to be a part of something that makes a real difference.
As a Product Design Team Lead you’ll play a key role within the Design team, helping to shape and implement the product design strategy of the business.
Faced with challenging product design problems, you’ll craft innovative and elegant solutions for our core web and mobile applications that will be used by tens of thousands of customers around the world.
Additionally, you’ll be managing other smart designers, ensuring they’re well directed, motivated, productive and engaged in their work.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing your team with a clear vision, strategy and direction, motivating and supporting them to deliver their best work
- Working closely with senior leadership to define our long-term design strategy and how this aligns with our wider company strategy
- Championing the value and role of design across the wider organisation
- Helping to plan, schedule and assign work that contributes towards our long-term design strategy and goals
- Owning our design system, and making sure all team members are engaged and motivated to contribute to this, and overseeing documentation from your area.
This would be a great role for if you’re already in a team lead position and looking for a new challenge but we’ll also consider someone stepping up from a senior product design role. You don’t need to tick every box here but ideally you’d have:
- Experience leading projects and design teams, including people management responsibilities
- Experience of designing user interfaces for complex applications, translating user requirements into elegant, usable solutions.
- A solid understanding of front-end development including writing scalable HTML and CSS for web applications
- Experience working with and building pattern libraries for complex applications and championing these with the wider team
- A willingness to work closely with engineers to implement new features and define the wider design and front end strategy
This is a full time permanent position, working from our lovely offices at Edinburgh Quay (convenient for Haymarket train station and airport links). We encourage continual self-development and hold bi-annual company hack days. We work smarter, not harder, and try to have fun doing it! Follow this link for more on life at FreeAgent.
Perks of the job
We provide a comprehensive package of employee benefits, which have been carefully selected to protect you, to promote healthy lifestyles, and to give you peace of mind. You can read more about these here.