Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 600 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we’ve established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Head of Product Delivery at Octopus Labs you will be responsible for leading a diverse team of Product Managers and Programme Managers delivering technology change across the Octopus Group. You will line manage and mentor the team, supporting them in growing their careers and developing their skills.
- Think strategically to understand the tech roadmaps across the Group and develop and train the team to meet the needs of these priorities
- Understand how to motivate and coach a team to deliver high quality work
- Implement tools and techniques to ensure all product managers are able to track and manage their work in a way consistent with their peers
- Ensure strong written and verbal communication is maintained across engineering, product, test and design within sprint teams
- Be able to demonstrate value for money from tech delivery to the Octopus businesses through tracking velocity and ensuring quality of delivery
- Collaborate with the Head of Design, Head of Engineering and Head of Data to ensure high performing cross functional teams
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders in each of the Octopus businesses to understand their needs and ensure it is translated through the teams to outcomes delivered
- Alongside the CTO and Head of Engineering, lead on devising solution strategies to keep the overall Product estate in line with our strategy and aims
- Be on top of the latest Product Management processes and techniques, bringing in the best ways of working to make Octopus Labs the best place to work in London
- You will have experience of managing product delivery teams and come with a toolkit that you can adapt to the team at Octopus
- You will have an understanding of technology and be able to take complex architectural challenges and explain them simply to technical and non-technical colleagues
- You thrive on a challenge and solving impossible problems
- You enjoy driving change and innovation and can bring people along the journey with you
- You are a strong communicator, can see where communication gaps exist and you can fix them
- You have demonstrated great leadership skills and are comfortable managing teams and looking after people’s career growth
- You must have experience as a Product Manager and ideally experience working within a regulated environment
- You are comfortable with a changing environment, can adapt and are flexible to the changing needs of the world around us
- You love technology and figuring out how things work
- Octopus Labs is driving innovation and technical change throughout the Octopus Group
- We operate across Venture Capital, Renewable Energy, Healthcare and Property.
- We love entrepreneurs.
- We’re happy for you to keep working on your side-projects.
- Started in a bedroom 17 years ago and still run by the same founders we have a strong entrepreneurial flair and a culture of always asking questions
- Stunning central London offices
- Flexible working
- 27 days holiday
- Competitive salary + benefits
- Diverse / multinational team
- In our office at 33 Holborn
Must have the right to work in the UK
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.