Job title: Product Owner
Location: London, Euston
An exciting new opportunity has arisen in the BMJ Knowledge Centre for a product owner to lead on the implementation of website portals to support the Clinical Decision Support Training Initiative.
This role will be a core part of the BMJ Global Health/Global Health Security team, which manages the implementation and sustainability of a high profile, high priority healthcare training and decision support programme spanning multiple countries.
This role will have responsibility for delivering all aspects of product development as defined by the product manager in relation to the Country Hubs/Portals, and any other current or future programme product development requirements, including our award-winning app.
- Lead product-related software development projects from initial business analysis through to successful delivery
- Be responsible for the operational implementation of the product based on the strategic plans defined by the Product Manager
- Act as the key liaison point between technology suppliers and business teams, ensuring a clear understanding of business needs
- To be responsible for the continual development of the Clinical Decision Support (CDS) Initiative offerings as per the roadmap set by the product manager – on apps, mobile, and web platforms – to ensure the portal is both innovative and continues to meet the needs of its diverse user base
- To manage the CDS programme product backlog and champion the needs of the CDS initiative and related programmes within the wider product and Knowledge Centre teams
- Provide general Product Owner support to BMJ Best Practice and BMJ Learning as defined by Product Managers, and work with the product managers for Best Practice and Learning to ensure their product roadmaps encompass the needs of the customer and users in the CDS Initiative countries and regions.
- Supporting the product manager on training the implementation leads and working group members on all aspects of BMJ Best Practice and BMJ Learning,as well as attending country roadshows to support programme registration and user training.
- Proven experience in successful digital product delivery including Agile development methodology
- Demonstrates knowledge of key digital trends that are impacting the development of digital products, and can articulate a vision to meet them
- Understanding of web site design, accessibility and usability and how to optimise it
- Has a proven ability to manage change projects – people, process and cultural aspects and to maintain positivity and energy to get work delivered even when resource constraints are barriers
- Stakeholder management is a key part of this role, so the postholder needs a demonstrated ability to reach consensus from diverse stakeholders, including those of the in-territory working groups.
This is a London based role in BMA House, but you will be required to travel internationally. The position is a fixed term contract until June 2023.