We need a super-skilled Senior UX Designer ?
Bright Little Labs is building a kids media giant for the 21st Century. We make all sorts of kids’ stuff which promotes critical thinking, computer science, equality – and diverse identities and experiences. Our flagship story is about Detective Dot – an 11-year-old coder who is on a dangerous mission from the C.I.A. (Children’s Intelligence Agency). Kids can join the CIA and carry out personalised activities on and offline. We’re on our way to publishing more books, mobile games and expanding our digital platform. We also just partnered with Turner (who own Cartoon Network!) so we’re making cartoons and games too.
Please note, we value smart people over experience and qualifications. If you’re not sure you have the “right background”, please apply!
What we’re looking for
We need a super-skilled UX Designer. This person is a whiz at both UX research, and working with UI and developers to bring awesome features to life. We have a diverse product that includes books, mobile games, an eCommerce site, physical games, events and who knows what else. Even cooler, our company is really invested in UX and design principles so we strive to build our product around the user. That’s why we are looking for a really passionate UX designers excited about working across mediums (physical, digital, book, etc) and excited about our company mission.
- Owning all UX research – our main product is for kids so there will be a lot of testing with schools, in parks, etc.
- Playtesting with kids, parents, and teachers
- Making sure everything we make is playful, sticky, and safe
- Creating flawless user journeys across products
- Creating and maintaining up-to-date user personas
- Wireframing and testing prototypes of physical and digital products with a big focus on mobile games
- Creating games! with game designers, UI artists and developers
- Working with the Product Manager to maintain an agile work environment – includes facilitating testing, assisting in product roadmapping, etc.
- You have minimum 4 years experience working as a UX designer or service designer – a plus if that experience is with kids and/or games but not a requirement.
- You’re goal orientated. You know if your ideas have worked because you’ve measured them.
- You’re full of unusual and fun ideas
- You’ve managed user research and held UX workshops
- You are creative and can rely on your own skills to create prototypes for testing
- You are willing and excited about mentoring and growing the UX team
- If you’ve worked on kids products before, or if you were a kid once, that’s a huge bonus.
- Impact – an awesome role helping to define the strategic direction of Bright Little Labs at an early stage in our growth plans
- Exposure – we’re a high-ish profile project and we work with exciting people and partners
- Feel good factor – you’ll be working on a project at the heart of equality, education and technology.
- Fun – we’re building a top-secret spy agency. If we told you more, we’d have to kill you.
This role is for full-time but we are open for flexible arrangements for the right candidates.
Salary is competitive and dependent on experience. We’re based near Old Street, London.