PRODUCT OWNER – RECORDED MUSIC SUPPLY CHAIN SYSTEMS
An exciting opportunity to join the fastest growing music company!
BMG – The New Music Company
We are a growing international music company that offers a friendly and collaborative working environment with great benefits and a leadership team who values every employee.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
We are a division of the Bertelsmann Group which includes Penguin Random House, RTL Group and Arvato.
We are looking for a Product Owner – Recorded Music Supply Chain Systems to join the Technology team based in our Paddington office.
Our Group Technology team creates and maintains the electronic infrastructure of BMG which allows the company to operate. The range of work is enormous from creating industry-leading tools like the new iteration of our celebrated myBMG online royalties portal, data and supply chain systems, royalty processing platforms and big data analytics technologies. The technologies created and managed by Group Technology are the lifeblood of the company and BMG’s technology approach is truly global. Systems are delivered centrally for all BMG affiliates. All offices are plugged into an internationally standardised network, workstation and application eco-system.
To own the product!
- Release planning in conjunction with development teams & ongoing communication with business stakeholders
- Provide vision, direction and methodology to development teams and stakeholders across projects
- Understand and represent your customers, both internally and externally
- Assess value/return on investment, develop business cases, prioritise epics and stories to align with overall business and product strategy
- Ensure a good balance between feature set development and continuing resolving of technical debt
- Play an active role in resolving blockers preventing successful completion
- Competitive Salary – up to £50,000 per annum
- Proven experience as a product owner or product manager driving business capability expansion, revenue growth or cost savings
- Empathy for business user requirements & passion for software product development
- Track record of understanding core customer needs and translating these clearly into product development process
- Experience working closely with engineers, agile and/or scrum teams and ability to switch to waterfall where this is the more suitable approach
- Experience and willingness to work with both internal and outsourced/offshore teams
- Proven ability and intrinsic desire to engage and collaborate with all stakeholders, make people feel heard and understood, but be able to say no and make and stand up for tough calls needed to better serve the wider business and clients
- A Bachelors degree or higher, preferably in technology or business
- Experience in the music industry and the IT systems/applications within it is desired
- A love of music!
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment