At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible – and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day
As one of the enterprise teams within American Express, Enterprise Digital Membership Experiences (EDME) team focuses the core customer experiences, including Web, Native App, SMS, Email and Push. The team’s mission is to dramatically increase digital engagement and customer satisfaction through a combination of superior user experience and compelling features and functionality. The team’s primary remit is to define and deliver digital experiences and best-in-class innovation.
Within EDME, Membership Experiences Web team is responsible for building best-in-class customer experiences for some of the most engaging journeys at American Express, globally. The team builds and scales products with the latest technology using a core framework, leveraging both opensource and proprietary software. The team also leverages data and research to make decisions and drive towards the core vision. Within the Membership Experiences Web Team, the ‘MYCA’ (Manage Your Customer Account) team is focused on the Account Management aspect of the customer experience, which spreads across Payments & Lending, Account Services, Account Activity and Transactions and Account Summary experiences.
The MYCA team is looking for a Sr. Product Manager to lead the development and strategy for the Proactive Engagement portfolio. In this role, you will own marketing and servicing journeys that engage millions of users a day, driving some of our core metrics including digital servicing and revenue. These journeys are integrated with intelligent platforms and APIs (such as personalization), and you will partner with teams to scale the customer experience for the future. You will collaborate with colleagues in Product, Engineering, Design, User Research, Analytics, and Experimentation to communicate and iterate on a high visibility product roadmap. You will also work closely with and get the buy-in from stakeholders across the organization to ensure we are creating elegant and frictionless solutions for our customers, while also driving business outcomes.
- Define and own Proactive Engagement portfolio’s vision, strategy and roadmap by partnering closely with key stakeholders, partners and product teams
- Translate product roadmap into well-defined requirements/user stories and acceptance test criteria
- Navigate white space to uncover opportunities that will drive measurable outcomes
- Leverage data to determine trends and insights that impact success, report on key metrics, and optimize the product through experimentation
- Seek, understand and apply new trends and competitive best practices where applicable
- Actively monitor, track and report on feature launches and enhancements to continuously iterate and enhance user experiences
- Manage and mentor an Associate Product Manager
- 4+ years experience in product management
- High technical aptitude—solid understanding of application architecture (e.g. web, native app, PWA, etc.) and ability to distill technical capabilities into well-defined product requirements and criteria
- Confident written and verbal communicator—able to convey complex ideas and sell a narrative in order to drive the product strategy
- Analytically savvy—strong knowledge of reporting/analytical tools to leverage quantitative and qualitative insights to drive decisions
- Proactive problem solver with track record of successfully navigating white space / ambiguity
- Adaptable and sensible product manager who can flex different strengths at different times when needed
- Innate resilience, optimism and curiosity
- Bachelor’s Degree required
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.