Have you ever fancied building an automation ecosystem that makes the world a better place?
Five years ago we set out to forever change robotics with Eva, the first low-cost, high-functioning, 6-axis robot arm. Now, we’re working on the next phase of our plan by accelerating the deployment of Eva into all sorts of verticals, beginning with Life-Sciences laboratories. We’re designing and building a range of new hardware and software products, deployed as end-to-end automation solutions – LabPods – which free our customers from the tyranny of manual, repetitive tasks.
We’re looking for a Lead Product Manager to lead the LabPods team. You’ll be working to identify key markets to build LabPods for and key blockers that prevent adoption. You’ll be growing, leading, and developing a new area of the company. You’ll also be responsible for influencing the go-to-market strategy and messaging to drive the adoption of LabPods within the focussed markets.
This is a highly strategic role with the autonomy to improve our offering, develop innovative solutions, and lead an area of the company.
We would like to speak with Product Managers with demonstrable experience in driving growth through effective product and market discovery. No robotics experience is needed but curiosity and passion are appreciated!
Product Engineering at Automata
- We’re obsessed with adding value – so much so that we pivoted the company away from just robotics to delivering automation solutions because we were frustrated by the ecosystem we were working in.
- We bring focus – The problem we are taking on is massive and our view on what a product manager is empowered to drive is far-reaching. That means we’re not restricted on what we and our teams can do. In that environment being clear on the 1 or 2 things that will be transformational is essential to succeeding.
- We get to the root cause of the problem – With such a complex product, in such a complex industry, we are doing something no one else has managed to. Looking to competitors or customers to tell us what to build won’t work. So we have to get down to the first principles of the problem set and build our strategy from there
- Just decide already – Done is better than perfect. We make decisions based on imperfect information and believe that making the wrong decision is better than making no decision at all
- Nothing Is Sacred – We regularly reflect on our product and our ways of working. Using our learnings we change our approach to our customer, our product, and our deliver
How do you fit in?
The remit of the role:
- Identify key markets to build LabPods for
- Identify highly scalable workflows bottlenecking organisations from scaling in those markets
- Crystalise the root cause blockers to adoption of total workflow automation and drive innovation in the product to remove them
- Grow your area of the organisation creating empowered product teams to deliver on the LabPods product strategy you own
- Step outside your direct responsibility to deliver an outcome
- Influence the go-to-market strategy and messaging to drive adoption of LabPods within focussed markets
- Influence and enable the business model to remove financial barriers to entry
- Develop strategic relationships with ecosystem partners that improve our service offering and develop innovative solutions
Why should you apply?
- You have clearly demonstrated success in driving growth through effective product and market discovery
- You’re a self-starter
- Obsessively analytical, you thrive in bringing simplicity to complex environments
- You have your own opinions and know how to communicate them effectively to the right people
- You derive energy from owning uncertainty and risk
- The root of a problem is what you’re always aiming for
More reasons to apply
- Learning & Development 🎓 £1,000 per year to spend as you wish
- Holiday 🏖️ 33 days per year (PLUS we close the office between Christmas and New Year)
- Private Healthcare ❤️ Vitality Health is available to all of our permanent employees
- Flexible working 🤹 Blended approach to office and WFH
- Employee referrals 💰 £1,000 per referral hired from your network
- Share Options Scheme 📈 Every team member gets a pot of stock option after probation
- Keeping you fed 🥙 Our kitchen is always stocked and we order lunch in on Fridays
- Dog-friendly offices 🐶 Lola, Evie and Alfie are the current resident pooches
What is the Process?
Phone interview – 20 mins with Talent Team + Hiring Manager – Nick Pattison
F2F Workshop Interview – 1.5 hours with hiring manager + additional hiring team
F2F Leadership interview – 45 minutes with specific business leaders
Final Interview – 30 minutes with CEO
To apply for this job please visit careers.automata.tech.