We are passionate technologists who believe in making a difference to the lives of millions living in emerging markets. We aim to change the landscape of finance and remittance.
If you’re someone that loves to creatively solve complicated problems, then you’re already the right fit to join us as at BitPesa. As the Product Designer, you will be responsible for owning the design process for our BFX product. You will be working closely with designers, Product Managers and the Engineering team.
- Lead the design of products and features from the ideation stage to post-launch
- Design user flows, interactions, and experiences that are simple, elegant, intuitive, and consistent across web and mobile platforms
- Run user research and user testing to evaluate the current product and user needs
- Work directly with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to effectively launch new features
- Constantly audit, analyse, and iterate — leveraging quantitative as well as qualitative metrics.
- Take a data-driven approach to design growth experiments, while maintaining a relentless focus on delivering real value for our customers.
- Give and receive feedback from other designers to raise our bar for quality.
- Responsible for ensuring designs are consistent, making sure products align with our brand, and identity
- Communicating design ideas through different methods depending on the stage of life of the product, to co-workers and stakeholders
- 7+ years of product design experience
- 3+ years of people management experience leading product teams
- Strong online portfolio to demonstrate your product design experience.
- Curiosity for understanding user behaviour and a strong desire to deliver a good user experience
- Passion for connecting your work directly to the business’s goals.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment..
- Clear communication, strong analytical skills, and the ability to work with urgency, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Experience with design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Suite, InVision, testing tools etc
- Experience sketching, wire-framing, and prototyping as part of the design process
- Financial services experience is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Casual work environment
- Great work-life balance
- We value autonomy
- Environmental-friendly (we try to use as less paper as possible!)
- Opportunity for growth for all our employees
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.