Do you love sharing great times with friends and family over food? Do you love pizza, pasta & Italian hospitality? Do you want to head up the product development of a full stack, greenfield digital restaurant platform for one of the UK’s largest restaurant groups? If so, read on…
The Azzurri Group is a market leader in the Italian casual dining sector, operating over 200 ASK Italian & Zizzi restaurants and Coco di Mama stores, across the UK & Ireland. We employ over 5,000 people and serve over 20 million meals per year. Our Group vision is simple, to provide the highest quality Italian food, in beautiful surroundings, served by engaging and passionate people.
This is a rare opportunity to lead the product development of a new digital restaurant platform that aims to provide the sector’s leading digital dining experiences for over 20 million customers per year.
More than 50% of customers want to use digital services that improve their dining experience, but, typically, fewer than 10% of diners in the sector are using the digital experiences currently offered. Many digital customer experiences in restaurant are poorly received. We want to do better!
We believe the digital experience our customers have is as important as the service they receive, the quality of the food & drink and the environment it is served in. We’d never outsource our menu creation, food preparation & restaurant design – so why would we outsource our digital experience?
Over the next 3 years, we want to build a single flexible, scalable platform that powers the channels of today and the channels of tomorrow, allowing us to transform & evolve our business model and grow our group.
We have already launched our Order & Pay at table product in ASK Italian & Zizzi, whilst building the foundations of the platform. The product has been hugely successful, with half of customers using it during their visit to order and/or pay for their meal. Customer feedback has been amazing, with the product saving them time, giving them choice, and putting them in control.
We are proud of what we have delivered to date, but we’re only getting started! We have an ambitious roadmap over the next 3 years and are looking to recruit a brilliant Senior Product Manager to lead the delivery of the platform.
This is a rare opportunity to help deliver the roadmap for a new digital dining platform that will power well-loved brands who serve over 20 million meals to customers up and down the country every year.
We’re looking for someone who is excited about building the platform and growing alongside the platform. Working with our engineering teams, you’ll be accountable for the delivery & optimisation of our digital dining platform, ensuring it delivers amazing experiences for customers, is easy for team members to use and generates returns for the Group. You will be a key contributor to our platform roadmap and will have line management responsibility for a UX manager, who will support you in designing great user experiences and interfaces, alongside the brand design teams.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Analytical – You are analytical in nature, and love solving complex problems
- Articulate – You are a great communicator, able to create clarity out of ambiguity, articulating complex ideas and decisions in clear and simple to understand terms.
- Collaborative – You enjoy connecting people and enabling collaboration through building trusted relationships with teammates & 3rd parties
- Commercial – You are able to make commercially astute decisions, whilst always looking to alignin the needs of the business with the needs of our customers.
- Curious – You are restlessly curious, always on the lookout for opportunities to improve and deliver more value from your product set
- Empathetic – You build empathy with customers, engineers and stakeholders, to understand their needs and see the world from their perspective.
- Entrepreneurial – You are happy using your initiative and doing what it takes to get stuff done.
- Outcome focussed – You focus on defining & delivering outcomes, rather than getting caught up on features and outputs.
- Strategic – You are a big picture thinker, able to create a clear and inspiring vision and facilitate creation of compelling strategy
- Technical – You are comfortable working alongside engineering teams and have good technical literacy.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Strong Product Management experience, with clear evidence of creating value for customers and businesses by defining & delivering against product visions & roadmaps.
- Experience of scaling a new product within an existing organisation or bringing a new product to market.
- Well-practised in Agile delivery and a strong, intrinsic alignment with agile values & principles.
- A history of building deep & trusting relationships and creating compelling communications with diverse groups of teammates and stakeholders.
We have a great office designed by our own in-house creative team, located in Central London, just opposite the Edgware Road Circle line tube stop. As you might expect from an Italian restaurant company, we have great, free espresso and barista training is part of your induction! A free Coco di Mama breakfast is provided every Tuesday & Thursday and free fruit is available all day every day. We regularly order in pizza, pasta and salads for lunch.
We offer a competitive salary, with a generous bonus scheme linked to personal & company performance. You’ll also get 25 days paid holiday, competitive company pension contributions, a generous staff discount, life insurance, income protection & private healthcare.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.