Bark is the UK’s largest & fastest growing services marketplace, helping people find the right professional for their project in over 1,500 unique categories. The business is already profitable with a proven model but has the feel of a startup with a small team of just over 65 people and most of its work still to do.
We use cutting-edge technology and an extraordinarily talented team of people to solve an age-old problem; how to find the best available professional for any job, every time no matter what the need.
Bark is a dynamic, exciting, early stage business – but with the financial security of a privately owned, revenue generating established company – so you get all the benefits of working in a start-up environment (ownership, agility, responsibility and stimulation) without any of the worry.
We recently celebrated 6th place in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 of fastest growing private tech companies in the UK. With a presence in eight countries globally and imminent plans for further expansion, you can join us at a genuinely exciting time on this journey.
About the role
Bark is looking for a talented and driven Technical Product Manager to join the Product team to own and develop our embryonic API as well as our crucial, disruptive platform and marketing automation services. Your work will have a substantial direct impact on the business and be a massive contributing factor in Bark’s growth. You’ll work in tandem with engineering and analytics alongside the CPO and founders to create best in class technical solutions. You’ll be at the heart of building a service our customers love and at the forefront of delivering market-leading and exceptionally innovative products that will genuinely change the world.
- Own and develop the API, platform services & marketing automation strategy/vision alongside the founders and leadership team.
- Explore, identify, evaluate and integrate with 3rd party tools, services and partners to maximise the impact of your products.
- Define, maintain and own the API, platform services & marketing automation roadmap and backlog.
- Provide effective written and verbal updates on the roadmap and key projects to senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Complete detailed technical product definition for new marketing automation platform developments and improvements.
- Deliver innovative solutions to customer needs through research and engagement with partners and developers.
- Work directly with co-located developers to deliver your roadmap.
- Collaborate closely with engineering to document the changing API and system flows.
Required skills and experience
- At least 3 years of experience in a technical product management role.
- Proven domain expertise and track record in managing large scale consumer/business APIs, marketing automation or platform services.
- Demonstrated experience in product discovery, specification and prioritisation.
- Strongly driven by data to make business decisions
- Managed design and development team delivery from user story and feature specification through to release.
- Technically fluent with an understanding of technical architecture to work and communicate clearly with engineering partners.
- Excellent communicator – able to clearly present your work, explain your thinking and discuss decisions confidently at all levels.
- Experience conducting technical & process analysis – identifying issues and overseeing the ideation of elegant solutions
- Hands-on experience using JIRA and Confluence
- Preferably educated to degree level in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
Some of our benefits
- Share options in a rapidly growing company whose founders have a proven track record
- Flexible working policy
- Private health insurance
- Free on-site bark employee private gym
- Monthly socials and massive parties
- Fully stocked kitchen and weekly team lunches
- Be at the forefront of an industry with new and exciting problems to solve!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com