Bernhard is an Energy as a Service company. We are committed to innovative, technology driven sustainability and energy efficiency solutions for our customers. As a Director of Product, you will be at the leading edge of product management for our software driven technology products. Whether working remotely with outside consultants, directly with customers on-site, or independently in Bernhard’s engineering headquarters in Little Rock, Arkansas you will be empowered to innovate and develop new products to solve the problems we face in implementing large energy efficiency programs. Areas of focus will only be limited to how creatively we can come up with applications; current products and backlogs include machine learning, equipment control automation, automated analytics, cloud and IoT computing, and more.
Join Bernhard’s Software Development team and become a force of change in the energy efficiency industry!
Bernhard, through the compliment of its affiliated companies, including Bernhard MCC, Bernhard TME, Bernhard EP Breaux, and Bernhard Energy, provides turnkey development, financing, design, construction, ownership, operations and maintenance resources and expertise, as well as full service mechanical, electrical, structural, commissioning/retro-commissioning and energy engineering services for healthcare, governmental, educational, institutional, commercial, and industrial customers across the country.
This position is full time, reports to the Senior Director of Software Development, and is considered Exempt for purposes of the FLSA.
The Director of Product is responsible for managing the product development of Bernhard Logic’s software and hardware product portfolio, which centers around the Bernhard Connect platform. The DoP owns the overall product portfolio roadmap, and leads and directly supervises product management staff within the software development team, including but not limited to product owners, business analysts, user experience and user interface designers, and other specialty resources. The person in this role is ultimately responsible for the ongoing development and improvement of our products from a non-technical perspective.
The ideal candidate for this position is creative, open minded, and passionate about innovation within the energy efficiency and optimization industry. This person should be an excellent leader and communicator, and be driven to continually innovate and improve outcomes for our customers.
- Lead and supervise the product management team.
- Establish standards for product analysis, requirements gathering, user story creation, user testing and acceptance
- Coach the product management team and ensure established standards and practices are being met
- Maintain the product portfolio roadmap for the Connect platform.
- Prioritize development activities across development teams to maximize value creation.
- Plan and propose product development projects.
- Manage the launch of product improvements and new features.
- Collaborate with product, development, marketing, sales, and project teams.
- This role may also be asked to act as product owner or product manager for one or more development teams.
- Product portfolio planning documents, including roadmap and backlog.
- Development of new products.
- Improvements to existing products.
- This position may require up to 25% travel for short periods of time.
- Creativity and vision.
- Deep industry domain knowledge around apps, user interface workflows, and data analytics.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Strong business acumen, leadership, and management skills.
- Experience with agile processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of related industry experience.
Physical/Work Environment Requirements
- Shall require long periods of sitting or standing at a desk in front of a computer in the office environment.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that diverse candidates are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Bernhard, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.