Blueboard is an employee recognition and incentives platform powered by hand-curated experiences. Our platform makes it easy for companies to give meaningful rewards, incentives, and gifts—from one-of-a-kind to once-in-a-lifetime experiences. From a luxurious spa day to a trip around the world to see the Northern Lights to a family adventure behind-the-scenes at a local aquarium, we make it simple for companies to give their top performers memorable, meaningful, and personalized experiences. With Blueboard, employees enjoy incredible experiential rewards, and our clients increase employee engagement and elevate their team cultures.
Born and raised in San Francisco, Blueboard launched in 2014 and now serves hundreds of clients across the world. Our global team is over 100 Blueboarders strong, and we are thrilled to be a Great Place to Work, as well as one of Fortune’s Top 100 Workplaces. We are venture-backed by Greycroft, Origin Ventures, Bullpen Capital and others, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, and Europe. Learn more at Blueboard.com.
About this Role:
Blueboard’s products bring unique value for companies of all sizes, from smaller businesses with hundreds of employees to multinational workplaces with tens of thousands of employees. Blueboard was initially designed as a simple product for SMBs and mid-market clients, but we’re expanding upmarket and are working to better serve and sell to enterprise companies.
The Enterprise Product Manager at Blueboard will prioritize the largest customer use cases, whether it’s creating role-based permissions to allow the Finance team to view accounting data on Blueboard, to customizing data exports to send out to Accounting on a user-defined interval, to securely transferring company employee information to Blueboard via an HRIS integration. These customers have a unique set of challenges and as Blueboard scales, we want to provide the best product experience for this new set of large customers.
This role will work directly with some of our largest customers and our customer-facing teams to understand the needs of massive companies with complex requirements. This Product Manager is comfortable joining customer calls with large multinational companies. We’re looking for someone with comfort and experience building for enterprise customers. This role will have high visibility among the executive team and will need to be able to work cross-functionally with many different stakeholders.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the day-to-day execution of product initiatives targeted at Blueboard’s enterprise customers with the most complex requirements.
- Work closely with our enterprise sales and success teams to define and distribute the product roadmap to our enterprise customers
- Think about the details. Talk to Blueboard’s enterprise customers to learn more about their challenges and work with your design partners to achieve solutions that go beyond their expectations.
- Define and measure success. Help your cross functional partners to understand success and push relentlessly to win enterprise customers all over the world. Establish goals and KPIs for the products or features, set up processes to ensure we continually track & learn, and drive priorities to improve
- Prioritize diligently. There will be thousands of different customer needs and you’ll pick the best ones to build for that help us and our customers to succeed.
- Realize technical solutions that are remarkably easy to use. Working with your engineering partners to find the shortest path to success.
- Communicate effectively. Collaborate across teams, gathering requirements from stakeholders and customers, synthesizing and distilling requirements into actionable product specifications, prioritizing requirements and evaluating trade-offs, and managing stakeholder expectations
- Collaborate with the engineering and design teams to define scope of MVP and future iterations
Your Skills and Experience:
- At least 3-5 years experience as a product manager at a B2B company, building enterprise products, especially for large customers with complex needs
- Successful track record of shipping successful products
Strong data analysis skills to make data-informed product decisions (e.g., Excel or Google Sheets)
- Experience working with project management software, including JIRA and Confluence
- Capable of prioritizing multiple demands in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Sufficient technical know-how to understand the pros and cons of different solutions and a sense of a project’s feasibility
- Experience building consensus and driving products to completion
- Your verbal and written communication skills are outstanding
- Deep customer empathy and have experience in UX design, research, and testing
- Demonstrated experience in defining and leveraging success metrics
- Experience with databases and querying languages such as PostgreSQL / SQL
We are building a team rich in diverse talents and experiences, and we welcome all applicants. If you’re not sure whether you’re qualified, but you’re passionate about Blueboard, we encourage you to apply!