Senior Technical Product Owner
Since 2003 Bond Radar has become the recognised leader in providing fast and accurate news on the international bond markets. Backed by real-time news feeds, expert analysis and a concise historical database, it is the preferred system for all the major financial institutions engaged in the capital markets. Recently Bond Radar has expanded its product portfolio to include other digital financial news products and is looking to consolidate its position as the go-to place for financial news.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Product Owner, who is passionate about building products that customers love, to join our team to coordinate the development of our portfolio of digital data-oriented financial news products. Bond Radar currently makes use of an outsourced product development team but is looking to grow its technical capability and confidence internally and is looking to bring someone on board with solid product ownership skills to both drive this process, and through the use of modern product management techniques, continue the efficient and effective development of Bond Radar products. This is an exciting opportunity for a resourceful Technical Product Owner to have a pivotal role within the business, working with product management to reinforce a rigorous product delivery approach and grow their skill set.
What are your responsibilities?
- Take lead as the Product Owner, providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to formulate our product vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Lead the planning for product release plans and set expectations for delivery of new functionalities.
- Develop and consolidate user stories and pain points, archetypes, feature lists and design materials into necessary product requirements.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories, ensuring that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure quality results are delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
- Collaborate with other parts of the business to establish initiatives and align with cross-functional goals including timelines, workflows and product benchmarks.
- Develop and maintain product roadmap, time estimates and priorities with the engineering team.
- Ensure product continuously fulfils company mission, values and goals with a strong emphasis on user needs.
What skills and experience do you need?
Past experience with directing product life cycles, ideally in the financial space, and the genuine desire to develop world-class skills are a must. You will have a wide breadth of knowledge and are always looking to learn and improve.
- Education and/or background in engineering (or several years managing technical products); experience with technology in a financial context is a strong plus.
- Previous experience as a product owner for 5+ years with experience in a tech company as a strong plus and also with dealing with an outsourced development team.
- Experience identifying user pain points and collaborating with a wider team to implement solutions.
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products and their life cycles and up-to-date knowledge of industry standards and best practices.
- 3+ years working in an Agile Scrum style, Atlassian suite preferred;
Experience with Behavior Driven and Test Driven Development (BDD & TDD).
- Strong technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and application architecture.
- Familiarity with the design, construction and delivery of APIs.
- Familiarity with data analytics and big data mining.
- Familiarity with the construction of both desktop browser and mobile interfaces.
- Familiarity with Java and Angular applications and ecosystems.
- Intellect. You have harp analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong ability to synthesise and process key information.
- People person. You are able to communicate effectively across many levels and build strong interpersonal relationships with engineers, designers, operational managers, and external stakeholders.
- Learning. You love learning new things and can pick up new methods quickly
Flexibility. You are able to think on your feet, adapting rapidly to new situations and tools.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills, with the ability to multi-task and context switch between different projects.
- Detail-oriented. You understand the importance of the small things.
- Demonstrated leadership and excellent communication skills.