Head of Product Management
BPP Education is entering a new phase of its growth and evolution, attracting thousands more students each year and expanding into new verticals and new markets globally. The BPP Product & Technology (P&T) organisation is evolving rapidly, and driving transformation of its platforms, digital products and experiences, in order to help BPP Education scale and meet the growth of the business in the coming years.
We’re for looking for a leader to help us lead a team of product managers who can deliver experiences that delight and engage learners during their time studying with BPP and beyond, throughout their working lives.
As a Head of Product Management, you will report to the Director of Product Management, and you will play a pivotal role in leading the product strategy and delivery of your portfolio of products across BPP Education’s digital experiences and platforms. You will be accountable for the definition, delivery, operational performance and support of your BPP digital product portfolio and its associated business targets and metrics. Collaborating closely with your peers in Engineering, Product Design & Data, you will help transform BPP Education to become more customer centred, design and data informed, to build products that meet and exceed our users’ needs across our education ecosystem.
- Manage and develop a team of talented product managers
- Lead the full cycle of product management for your digital product portfolio and crossfunctional teams. From opportunity assessment, ideation, through validation and delivery, to ongoing product management.
- Collaborate with your peers in leadership within Product Design, Engineering and Data to execute the strategic vision for what we build, led by user insight and data, aligned to the broader business strategy, objectives and metrics
- You will partner closely with Product Design to ensure user centred principles are applied in product design and development. You will think in terms of experience & service design, and its impact on customer experience, product metrics and business KPIs.
- You will partner closely with Engineering to ensure that we develop products in line with our overarching technology strategy, and we minimise technical debt in our quest to move fast and be agile.
- You will facilitate discussions across your teams about hypotheses and lead teams through discovery, test and learn processes to validate or kill ideas, using data and insight driven decision making. You’ll be a subject matter expert for your product teams’ metrics and foster the use of experiments and MVT techniques where applicable.
- Ensure your teams are leveraging and sharing product management processes and ways of working that help us scale product execution, and deliver cohesive product experiences as our organisation grows
- Create a thriving product community and be a product management evangelist across BPP and externally
- Help set clear career development goals for your team, and regularly check in on progress
- Help your team define their career paths, identify opportunities and level up to do the best work of their lives
- Experience leading product within cross functional delivery teams. You demonstrate domain expertise, business acumen, connection between product development and iteration towards company goals
- You demonstrate a value-centric approach to work. You are driven by delivering measurable value to customers
- Proven experience in developing commercially viable products and services
- Agile software development and product discovery methodologies. You reflect the importance of continuous, iterative delivery of value, plus the tools and techniques to facilitate this. You define solutions based on a thorough, methodical and data-driven approach. You have a high degree of pragmatism and bias to action when it comes to shipping products.
- Highly collaborative approach to product development both with business and colleagues in technology
- You are a flexible, creative communicator with strong written and verbal skills. You can consult, collaborate with & influence key stakeholders and groups
- Excellent presentation and story-telling skills. Proven experience of managing and influencing cross-functional groups, driving alignment and consensus across the organisation.
- Coaching and people management experience. You are able to support and challenge your team to help them grow
- Obsession with learning. Whether it’s driving key product KPIs, learning new skills or the nuances of the market you are always reflecting on what can be improved and how to get there
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com