Job Title: Digital Product Manager
Salary: £40,000 – £49,000
Location: Cambridge, hybrid
We are Cambridge University Press & Assessment, a world-leading academic publisher and assessment organisation and a proud part of the University of Cambridge.
We embrace change and drive innovation forward to meet the changing needs of our customers across the globe. You will explore further, be bold and stay focused on the impact we can have on society and individuals.
Are you an experienced Digital Product Manager with a passion for creating products and services that customers love? Then this could be your next career move…
About the role
Cambridge Learning for Schools has a growing portfolio of digital products and services that support teachers and students across the world. Our Digital Product Management team are responsible for managing the lifecycle of these products and developing new ones, by understanding the needs of teachers and learners, constantly looking to improve the customer experience, and driving their growth.
We are looking for a talented Digital Product Manager to join this team.
What you will be doing
- Ensuring the customer is represented in all product decisions through an ongoing customer engagement and data analytics plan
- Defining and communicating the vision for a digital product or service
Working in partnership with:
- our publishing and product teams to translate publishing plans into digital product roadmaps
- our technology team to turn product roadmaps into development sprints
- our UX team to manage the end-to-end customer experience of the product
- Developing, maintaining and updating the roadmap for a product to meet diverse and changing international requirements
- Robustly managing the priorities within that roadmap
- Managing the day to day issues that come with running a live digital product
- Being the internal face of the product to secure the buy in and support of a diverse set of global stakeholders, including publishing, technology, customer services, marketing and sales teams
- Further embedding a product management culture in a global organisation
To be successful in this role you will
- Have solid Product Management experience and a proven track record on managing all aspects of the digital product lifecycle
- Be creative, determined and pragmatic to drive the vision and roadmap for a product and own responsibility for its success
- Be confident and comfortable building relationships with and influencing and galvanising a diverse set of global stakeholders at all levels in a matrix organisation
- Be curious and great at uncovering insights into customer need and understanding the customer experience
- Be collaborative, we strive to be a highly collaborative team and you should be happy to ask for help and help others deliver the best outcomes
- Be familiar with agile/lean product and customer development approaches
- Understand the challenges faced in Product Management and be comfortable with ambiguity and adaptable to change
- Ideally have education or educational publishing experience but transferable skills from other sectors are equally valued
Rewards and Benefits
We will support you to be at your best in work and to live well outside of it. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a world-class, flexible rewards package, featuring family-friendly and planet-friendly benefits including:
- Group personal pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Life assurance up to 4 x annual salary
- Private medical and Permanent Health Insurance
- Green travel schemes
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
We also offer flexible and hybrid working options from day one. We will consider any work arrangements if you wish to work flexibly or require adjustments due to a disability.
Ready to pursue potential? Apply now.
We review applications on an ongoing basis, with a closing date for all applications being 2nd October and interviews are scheduled to take place during and after this time, therefore please submit you application without delay.
Please note that successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory background checks including DBS due to working in a regulated industry.
Why join us
Joining us is your opportunity to pursue potential. You’ll belong to a collaborative team that’s exploring new and better ways to serve students, teachers and researchers across the globe – for the benefit of individuals, society and the world. Sharing our mission will inspire your own growth, development and progress, in an environment which embraces difference, change and aspiration.
Cambridge University Press & Assessment is committed to being a place where anyone can enjoy a successful career, where everyone has a voice, and where we learn continuously to improve together. Ensuring that everyone feels they belong is essential to who we are, and to the contribution we make to society and our planet.
We believe better outcomes come through diversity of thought, background and approach. We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and communities, actively seeking to employ people from a wide range of different communities.
To apply for this job please visit careers.cambridge.org.