Candide is a growing market-network platform based in central Bristol with the mission to connect plant lovers with inspiration, knowledge and each other. We are an ambitious, international start-up enabling people to progress their passion for plants and nature through the application of technology. We have offices in Bristol (UK) and Cape Town (South Africa) with over 40 staff members.
We openly put our people first and we’re proud to be building a team that genuinely loves working and learning together. We know how important culture is, so have a read to see if you think we might be a good fit.
We are looking for an experienced, innovative product leader to help deliver our Visitor Solutions strategy to the market. We’re building an integrated network of gardens and visitors to help drive more frequent and enjoyable visits.
Our solutions include:
- providing gardens with a fully digital membership/ticketing solution;
- providing a strong online, and mobile presence via a Candide business listing;
- providing insights into visitors and their behaviour, as well as visitor predictions and live reporting;
- offering gardens support and consultation on marketing and event campaigns.
Our ideal candidate has a successful track record in a role that has taken a product to market on an offline to online journey. Ideally would understand the challenges of prioritising the requirements of a three sided marketplace.
- Working closely with the leadership team to deliver against the business goals;
- Working closely with our partner gardens to understand their requirements;
- Leading the our cross functional team with a clear vision and roadmap;
- Understanding the visiting customers needs and user cases;
- Backlog prioritisation and requirements capturing;
- Running a continuous user research programme.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working on a B2B solution (required);
- Experience of working on complicated offline to online customer journeys;
- Excellent customer research techniques;
- Experience running design sprints and stakeholder facilitation workshops;
- Relatable stories of challenges you’ve encountered delivering product to market;
- Examples of making decisions based on customer research and data analysis.
- Strategic and analytical;
- Great communicator;
- Proactive, flexible team player;
- Demonstrates confidence, creativity and professionalism.
- Team culture
We work in truly cross-functional teams to turn business goals into product features. Great communication means there is an inherent no-blame culture, and our collaborative and inclusive structure encourages everyone to share ideas on how we can improve our processes, growth and product. All our teams have a short daily stand-up, this ensures we remain aligned and those who build products stay very close to our customers that enjoy them. To encourage innovation, we hold monthly hack days where everyone can build something new that falls outside our current roadmap – an idea, a campaign or even a small product – with whomever they like.
For plant lovers
We democratise information about plants by building social connections between people, gathering their knowledge and making it as accessible as possible. We ultimately aim to be the most useful tool in a gardener’s pocket and to accentuate the social, environmental, and physical benefits already associated with gardening.
For the future
We explore new, emerging technologies and constantly adapt to rapidly seize opportunities others have missed. In this way we will bring the gardening industry into the 21st century and secure its relevance in the long-term.
We build on the inherent positivity of our subject matter and protect our “warm and safe community”, which sets us apart. We use our platform to encourage conscious, informed decision-making and work with individuals and companies to progress our values.
What you’ll get from us
- 25 days holiday because the rest of your life is important too
- An extra paid day off to spend tending your plants, visiting a garden or working in your garden/allotment
- Regular team socials
- Pre-paid training budget for whatever you need to do your job more effectively
- Enhanced shared parental leave
- Anonymous mental health support. If you need it, we want to help you 🙂
A successful application typically involves:
- A short phone interview
- A small take-home research assignment
- An on-site interview with a few members of the team
To find out more about Candide, visit candidegardening.com.
Please do not hesitate in contacting email@example.com if you want to find more before you apply.