Carterwood is hiring a head of product strategy and innovation to join our senior leadership team. You will shape and own our product and services strategy, help us to evolve our digital capabilities, and help us to manifest our business growth plans.
We’re an ambitious B2B market analysis company. We currently work primarily with health and social care services, and group operators of care homes and retirement living.
We already have a highly successful SaaS analytics product. We are now focused on exploring diverse new markets, products and services. We want to build on our core competencies in data and analysis. We also want to continue to grow our existing product and consultancy offerings.
Joining our collaborative and progressive senior leadership team, you will have a real impact on our business and your professional development. As our first head of product, you’ll have our full support in helping us change as we diversify and grow the business.
We’re open to this being your first senior leadership role, or somewhere to spread your wings. We would provide you with an external (funded) mentor as you grow into your new role.
We have lots of growth-enabling milestones ahead and we will welcome your ability to influence where we go and how we get there.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading our consultancy and analytics teams – each managed by a specialist head of function, who will report to you
- Discovery, validation and delivery of the right solutions to relevant unmet market needs and opportunities, including scoping and entering new markets
- Creating and implementing a product and services strategy that will allow us to achieve our strategic business goals and revenue growth priorities
- Being an active member of the senior leadership team, attending weekly, quarterly and annual leadership meetings
We’re looking for
- The ability to inspire, drive and manage change effectively in teams
- Leadership experience in product strategy, product management or product design – or a readiness to grow into this role with mentoring support
- Extensive demonstrable experience shaping B2B cloud-based or SaaS products
- Experience of operating consultancy services as part of a hybrid product and services portfolio
- An appreciation for shaping and delivering products and services from within a small team
- An understanding of core principles, such as any of; analytics/BI, data science, data modelling, web applications, SaaS – or similar – and a keen learner
- Forward-thinking, dynamic and pragmatic
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Business acumen and presentation skills
You may also bring – or like to gain – skills and attributes such as
- Market research, competitor analysis and new product innovation
- Helping identify and manifest route-to-market
- Product start-up/scale-up/maturation
- Exploring and opening overseas markets
- Strategic vendor/partner management, e.g. outsourcing
- Comfortable supporting pitches to clients
- Evidence-led and user-centric product management
- Insourcing software development
Salary and benefits
- c.£90,000 – £120,000 – we’re keeping an open mind
- Annual bonus scheme aligned with company success
- Minimum 33 days’ paid holiday (25 days’ annual leave + eight bank holidays) plus a day off for your birthday and the option to buy and sell holiday
- Optional three or four day working week
- Flexible working culture
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contribution
- Health cash plan and Reward Hub to support you with the cost of living, from healthcare to retail therapy
- Regular social events to celebrate team achievements and milestones (or often ‘just because’)
- Recognising success and special occasions with gifts for our amazing team throughout the year
- Flexible working to support with your work life balance
- Hybrid working to allow you to work where you work best
- Family friendly policies with enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption support
- Commitment to your personal and professional development
We’re a multi-award-winning consultancy dedicated to social care acting for 85% of the top 20 care home group operators; we live and breathe data and analysis for care homes, retirement living and specialist care.
Our core values – do it right, never stand still, be brave and no politics – sum us up and drive our delivery of market leading services and software to clients. We work in a collaborative and supportive way and prize original thinking, and a desire to innovate and challenge the norm. Above all, we recognise each other’s strengths and make sure everyone has the opportunity for personal development.
Our team of sector-specialists provide independent, expert analysis that helps operators, developers, and investors to improve decision-making within the elderly care home and retirement living sectors. This is delivered through a range of market-leading reports written by our advisory team alongside instant access to market, trading performance and sales data through our Carterwood Analytics platforms.
Carterwood operates under the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) to run our business. It’s a way that people in the organisation meet, solve problems, plan, prioritise, follow processes, communicate, measure, structure, clarify roles, lead and manage. www.eosworldwide.com
We’ll do our best to make you feel listened to, valued and understood within our hiring process and organisation. We look forward to exploring your strengths and interests, building a role that delivers positive growth to both fulfil our company plans and your personal development. https://www.carterwood.co.uk/meet-the-team/
Location: north Bristol, UK, with hybrid working – e.g. in the office two days each week. We’re at Future Space (UWE Frenchay Campus, BS34 8RB), which has free parking on site, cycle storage, regular bus connections, a cafe and amenities on site. We’re c.30 mins walk from Filton Abbey Wood and Parkway stations, which also have regular bus connections to Future Space.
Hiring process: chat with techfolk; optional chat with us; remote competency based interview; in-person values based interview including opportunity to meet leadership team and founders.
Please be in touch with Vittoria at techfolk, our recruitment partner, to find out more: 0117 318 2447 | carterwood[at]techfolk.co.uk
PLEASE NOTE: we are unable to consider applicants that don’t already hold the necessary right to work in the UK
RECRUITERS: Carterwood has selected techfolk as our recruitment partner and cold calling and speculative applications are not welcome