As a member of one of our product teams, you will be central to building and growing your product area and outcomes by leading a team through discovery – establishing what the right thing to build is – to implementation and beyond.
As a Product Manager you will own one or more of our logistics products – typically the APIs used to move our cars across the UK – and be responsible for leading the full life-cycle of them, owning the vision, strategy and roadmap. You’ll take your product from ideation and discovery through design, delivery, preparation for launch, measuring of success, and iterations.
Working closely with Tech, you are ultimately responsible for making sure we’re building the right things for customers of your products. Your partners in Tech are responsible for making sure we build these things in the right way, but both of you care deeply about both things – it’s one team!
1. Finding and managing opportunities
- Work with your customers, team and stakeholders to identify problems to solve or opportunities for growth
- Rapidly build knowledge of your domain and assess opportunities
- Be inspired by new technology, competitors/like-minded businesses, future thinking, and more to suggest opportunities to improve Cazoo
- Take responsibility for forming hypotheses and measures, and ensuring there is a backlog of epics with agreed priority
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to define the strategy and direction for your Products.
- Formulate the vision, strategy and roadmap for your product area, ensuring alignment of strategic priorities and roadmap across entire product portfolio
- Define KPIs to measure the success of your product
Manage relationships with any 3rd parties related to your product
2. Product Discovery
- Lead stakeholder sessions to determine key customer outcomes
- Lead product discovery, collaborating with Engineering, key business SMEs and 3rd parties…
- Utilise rapid iteratio, prototyping and testing technique to determine what the right thing to build is for your customers – supported by data and evidence – as quickly and cheaply as possible
- Work with the business, technical and product teams to understand the needs of your customers
- Champion solutions that work for our customers and our business
- Define use cases and user journeys
- Work in close partnership with your team’s Technical lead
- Lead the product design and builds to ensure we deliver in an efficient, cost effective manner
- Prioritise and set the team direction, creating a sense of urgency and momentum
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria
- Manage features through development, ensuring stakeholders are kept up to date
- Break down your deliverables into smaller value chunks and iterate through delivery, releasing value early and often
- Work closely with Tech lead and team to plan sprints, releases and coordinate across dependent products
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to launch features (both externally and internally)
- Monitor and measure the success of the feature/product
- Lead decision on persist, iterate, or drop
4. Product Management Practice
- Provide leadership to continuously improve product management practice at Cazoo
- Proactively keep up to date with latest developments in product management thinking, process and techniques
- Champion Build Measure Learn, creating a culture of innovation and continuous improvement within the product management discipline, especially in discovery and delivery methodologies
- Contribute towards hiring first rate product managers
- Set the example of what great product management looks like.
5. We are looking for a Product Manager…
- with proven experience in working out what the right things to build are (as opposed to being told what to build by someone else!)
- dual track (discovery/delivery) experience; at Cazoo we’re big fans of Marty Cagan
- with experience product managing technical products like APIs, data pipelines and services
- with extensive experience developing multiple complex products through full life cycle
- who has worked with development teams to deliver amazing products with clearly measurable customer and business benefits
- with excellent stakeholder management and facilitation skills
with the ability to compromise in the right way
with a passion for product design and the experience to back up their views
- with demonstrable ability to rapidly gain in-depth knowledge of your product’s domain
- who loves collaboration and has experience in leading varied groups to swift decisions
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.