At Choco, we’re striving to build a seamlessly connected global food system by 2030. One that enables food to move around the planet transparently, sustainably, and without waste. Today, Choco provides a platform connecting restaurants and suppliers resulting in better communication, simplified logistics, and – here comes the big one – less food waste. If you’re looking for a challenging new opportunity and the chance to make a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you.
Want to learn more about #LifeatChoco? Take a look behind the scenes: bit.ly/3sD7tYK
Meet your team
You will join Choco to lead our product design and research teams. Our product designers and user researchers act as advocates for our diverse customers ranging from chefs to restaurant managers, from farmers to food suppliers. Through research and interviews they develop a deep understanding of the user’s needs and actively share these insights to help drive product decisions.
Our product designers are deeply embedded in our product teams. They partner, as equals, with product managers and engineers to address user needs. Ultimately product designers are accountable for the quality and impact of the user experience.
As the VP of Product Design, you will be part of the EPD (Engineering, Product & Design) leadership team, and will be responsible for setting the holistic product design strategy and ensuring we are delivering an optimal user experience for our customers.
What you’ll do
- Lead and build a world-class, customer-centric and metrics-driven product design organisation, including the identiﬁcation, recruitment, development, and retention of great talent
- Build a deep understanding of our users and the problems we are solving for them while becoming a subject matter expert in the food supply chain.
- Drive a holistic UX vision by truly understanding and advocating our users, solving for outcomes, not solutions
- Move fast and solve big problems. Know the difference between urgent vs. important.
- Advocate for design practices and continue building on a strong design culture
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product and engineering counterparts, as well as business stakeholders, brand teams, marketing and operations
What we’re looking for
- You are a design leader, manager and collaborator. You are humble, driven and a team player.
- Ideally, you have both B2B and B2C experience. You are customer obsessed, and understand the complexities of designing for a suite of products for SMB and Enterprise customers
- You have experience leading, building and coaching a team of product designers and user researchers, ideally you have managed managers.
- You have an exceptional portfolio showcasing complex web and mobile applications across the entire product development cycle
- You have a deep understanding of design tools (we use Figma) and how to bring design ideas to life with low and high fidelity prototypes
- You thrive in complexity, ambiguity and unknowns. You are unafraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo. You have the right intuition, but back your ideas up with data.
- You have experienced massive scale in your design career, growing a product from an MVP to something used and loved by customers.
- You are an excellent communicator, and know how to influence up, down and across the organization
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from active Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe – bringing our annual order volume to an estimated $1 billion.
Just a year after our $63.7 million Series A funding round, we secured an additional $100 million in Series B funding. In April of 2022, we gained another $111 million in Series B2 funding with a valuation of $1.2 billion – earning us unicorn status just a few years in.
We’re backed by leading investors like Insight Partners, LeftLane Capital, Coatue Management, and Bessemer Venture Partners. In addition, we’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.