Location: Remote within England and Wales
Closing date: 22/09/2022
Salary: £51,351 (plus £3,520 London allowance if applicable)
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Customer Journey
Hours per week: Open to discussion (full time / part time)
Contract Duration: Permanent
Citizens Advice offers confidential advice online, over the phone, and in person, for free. Through our national network of charities, we give people the knowledge and the confidence they need to find their way forward – whoever they are, and whatever their problem.
Do you want to work for an organisation that makes a difference, every single day, to people from all walks of life? The people that turn to Citizens Advice need help overcoming an obstacle in their lives – from debt to evictions to trouble at work – and you can be key to them getting the support they need in the quickest, easiest, and most effective way.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as BAME and disabled people are currently under-represented throughout Citizens Advice. We are a member of the race equality campaign at Business in the Community, the Prince’s responsible business network and are committed to improving employment opportunities for ethnic minorities across the UK. We also welcome applications from LGB and Trans and non binary candidates.
We have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in role profiles.
We’re looking for experienced product managers to lead digital service delivery at Citizens Advice. You’ll lead multidisciplinary teams delivering a sustainable, user-led approach to the provision of advice. The team is at the heart of the organisation’s ambition to deliver our vision for 2022 (www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/about-us1/future-of-advice-our-strategic-framework-2019-22/)
We have an ambitious product strategy (wearecitizensadvice.org.uk/product-strategy-2021-to-2023-273c110054d6) for the next 2-3 years that supports the organisation’s overall mission. Within this we will be focusing on 4 areas:
- Building outcomes measurement capability
- Enable a seamless client journey
- Tailored, tactical advice services online, without needing an adviser
- Remote advice delivery through phone, chat, video and email platforms
We’re growing fast, and today, we have 10 multidisciplinary product teams, split across four areas: public advice, adviser-facing services, platforms, and advice-area specific services.
You’ll be working on products that help 30 million people every year, and your work here will make a huge difference to their lives. You’ll be setting the goals, strategy and priorities within our cross-functional public advice team, and defining the way millions of people get help from us on a daily basis.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. Everyone is welcome at Citizens Advice. We offer flexible working, and are open to part-time and job sharing too. In fact, several of our leadership team members work four days a week.
What you’ll do every day
You’ll develop a product roadmap, collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders, and balancing user needs alongside organisational priorities. You will help scale our largest products to thousands of users. You’ll be:
- Leading the creation and evolution of the product vision, strategy, and objectives
- Discovering, defining, and validating problems presented by user insight, stakeholder priorities, organisational needs, and technical team members
- Coordinating across dependencies to deliver features that improve the overall user experience
- Engaging with teams across the organisation to align plans, understand priorities, and communicate changes with our local offices and clients
- Collaborating with developers, technical architects, and DevOps engineers to make sure our services are sustainable and flexible
- Tracking and monitoring product performance and client outcomes to iterate and improve on features
- Taking a responsible and ethical approach, considering the social impact our services create and minimising potential unintended consequences
- You’re passionate about Tech for Good and want to work in an equity-driven organisation solving complex problems
- You’ve shipped transactional software products in a large and complex organisation
- You relentlessly pursue building the best possible client experience and use data to track how you’re doing
- You live at the intersection of client, organisational, and technical needs and know how to balance these when setting direction
- You’re comfortable with leading a multidisciplinary team that deals with ambiguity every day, and taking decisions in uncertainty
- You’re have lots of energy for sharing your knowledge and have mentored and coached other product people
- You embrace the value that comes from working in the open and sharing with other organisations
- You enjoy working with non-technical stakeholders and learning from their expertise
- You want to be part of a growing product community, at the centre of organisational transformation
- What we’re doing here at Citizens Advice excites you!
Our commitment to flexible working extends to where we work. As Covid restrictions ease, Citizens Advice are moving towards a permanent mix of office and home based working which will give much more choice to staff, while still maintaining the best of collaborative working.
The National Citizens Advice Operates from offices in England and Wales, with 4 regional offices based in Cardiff, London, Birmingham and Leeds, therefore all successful applicants must be based within England or Wales.
Our commitment to colleague wellbeing is reflected in us being awarded Gold in the Health & Wellbeing category, as well as Overall Winners, at the Employee Experience Awards 2022.
Please be aware that Citizens Advice is not a sponsoring organisation. Therefore the successful applicant must already possess the right to work in the UK or be able to secure the right to work in the UK independently.
Citizens Advice seeks to redeploy staff who are at risk or under notice of redundancy where they satisfactorily demonstrate that they meet the requirements of the role at interview. Candidates who are formally at risk or under notice of redundancy will take priority over other candidates for interview. If you have been confirmed as at risk or under notice of redundancy please ensure you indicate this in the at-risk box in your application.
In the event of a high number of applications, we reserve the right to close the application early.
This vacancy closes at 23.59 on the closing date.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobtrain.co.uk.