We’re united by a mission: to make the world a safer place. Corvus Insurance uses artificial intelligence to better understand commercial insurance risk. Our software empowers brokers and policyholders to better predict and prevent complex risks through data-driven tools and Smart Commercial Insurance® policies. This allows us to reduce or eliminate the impact of adverse events, creating a safer world for everyone. Drawing inspiration from the intelligent, tool-building corvid family of birds, we are a team of high-flying collaborative builders. We’re excited to meet you. Spread your wings, and soar with us.
We are looking for an experienced product and people manager to join our team as Director of Product Management. Reporting to the Chief Product Officer and Co-Founder, this is a key strategic role for the business. You will be instrumental in building upon our already amazing software experience for commercial insurance brokers, policyholders and underwriters. You’ll be overseeing 4 high-performing teams of product management professionals and adding several more Corvids as we grow. We are looking for a high-energy, execution-focused, experienced outstanding leader who can help manage and grow the team, drive product strategy, roadmap planning, and the execution of the Corvus software product experience. The ideal candidate is someone with a history of executing both strategically and tactically as well as having superb leadership skills.
- Lead and grow a team of talented Product Management professionals by investing in career planning, performance management and exceptional coaching
- Conduct research projects to validate and further define ideas
Define, track, and report out KPIs that help track our product performance
- Product strategy planning including overall department growth and roadmap planning
- Help manage the process of creating a digital experience to solve problems and delight our users: brokers, policyholders and underwriters
- Constantly discover ways to improve our NPS and enhance our product market fit
- Participate in post-release feature management – adoption, performance, and reiterations for release in collaboration with product marketing
- Assess competitive landscape and industry trends and re-adjust as necessary to maintain product differentiation
- 8+ years of relevant experience in product management, with at least 3+ years as an individual contributor and 3+ in a management capacity
- Must have worked in highly dynamic companies who operate in different industries as you will be expected to bring best practices in product management to Corvus
- Experience building and leading high performing product teams.
- Must be able to share several examples of managers who you have grown and developed in their careers.
- Ability to attract high caliber Product talent to add to our always growing flock
- Experience with B2B software (B2B2B experience a major plus)
- Experience leading the agile development of software products
- Experience managing product roadmaps, prioritization, sprints, and daily stand-ups
- Experience at a company that has scaled very quickly
- Experience collecting actionable customer feedback, and framing the issue in such a way that the team feels inspired to problem solve
- Possess a strong belief in the importance of a servant leadership management style –and always be prepared to roll up your sleeves to help the team achieve its objectives
- Highly motivated and creative individual
- You’re excited to work for a fast growing tech company
- Undergraduate degree in technical field is preferred; MBA a plus
Corvus provides a seriously safe nest for people who come from all paths. Our flock represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Although confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job, we believe there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Corvus is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Disclaimer: Bird puns are highly encouraged!