Are you naturally curious about the world and making things better? Our Product Factory is. We make use of the deep heritage of Deloitte and the amazing Intellectual Property (IP) within the firm to challenge the old and influence what is yet to happen. We design technology assets that solve our clients’ most complex challenges in a swift and radical way through the agility of a start-up, within the ecosystem of a $35bn global business.
To become the undisputed leader in professional services by 2020 Deloitte has made innovation a centrepiece of its investment strategy. It is critical to solving our clients’ toughest problems, attracting and retaining the best talent and ultimately, ensuring the future success of our firm by turning disruption into opportunity.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application
Your role will initially focus on use cases for a cloud-hosted, fully customisable case management and workflow platform that allows multiple projects across different Deloitte departments to be rapidly configured and deployed to increase team efficiencies.
As typical with our business, the team will work in a highly agile and flexible way, supporting a diverse range of client, business and technical requirements.
Key deliverables will include product roadmaps, release plans, release notes, pricing strategies and models, user stories and business cases
- Own the overall product strategy for small products and support the development of product strategy for large products.
- Understand and demonstrate why products will appeal to clients.
- Own development and maintenance of a product roadmap and product backlog for the products under your responsibility.
- Be experienced at eliciting, analysing and documenting business requirements in the form of user stories or similar in an Agile environment using frameworks such as SCRUM.
- Manage stakeholder expectations as part of either discovery or project delivery with excellent business writing and presentation skills.
- Define key product based KPIs and ensure they are measured, tracked, communicated and acted upon.
- Conduct and/or participate in early testing to validate prototypes / designs.
- Lead a solution set across sales/ marketing/ engineering/ support.
- Support the creation of go-to market materials and positioning, in particular through clear articulation of the product’s key features and benefits.
- Support development of commercial strategy and author or support business cases for product development.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: St Albans with the option of working from home one day per week
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. The role can be worked on a full time or part time basis. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- Experience in an iterative and incremental Agile software development environment with a focus on Product Management responsibilities.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for learning about new or relevant product domains.
- Excellent commercial acumen and understanding of business drivers to enable commercial model and product prioritisation decisions to be made.
- Understanding of technology, UX and UI processes.
- Understanding of key market research / marketing techniques.
- Understanding and first-hand experience of the full product lifecycle
- Agile software development tools such as Atlassian JIRA, Microsoft TFS or equivalent beneficial, as is an understanding of Agile framework experience.
- ISEB, SCRUM or other certifications or desire for continuous learning and self-development.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
To apply for this job please visit ad.doubleclick.net.