Ebury is a hyper-growth FinTech firm, named in 2021 as one of the top FinTechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi. We offer a range of products including FX risk management, trade finance, currency accounts, international payments and API integration.
Making payments to suppliers and providers around the world is still complex and expensive. With Ebury, our clients can make fast and convenient international payments to 130+ countries. Our next goal is to keep increasing our coverage, expand the options available to make payments, and make these instant where possible. Ebury wants you to own this mission, taking responsibility for the development of new payment rails.
Join a high-performing team in a product owner role. As a product-led organisation, Product at Ebury drives strategy for the business, and as Product Owner – Payments you will be responsible for the performance of your payments areas within the business, for both new and existing products.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing end to end delivery of new initiatives and maintenance items within Payments, including business analysis and testing, as well as identifying and executing against improvements to current features and processes
- Technology will be your main stakeholder. You will be responsible for your backlog in Jira and you will work closely with them to define requirements, write epics, stories and test books. You will be participating to all the agile ceremonies.
- Collaborating with an existent payment products teamDefining, tracking and monitoring KPIs for product initiatives, and taking decisions and actions based on results
- Collaborating on product strategy for Payments, including collections and payouts
- Keeping up-to-date with market, industry and regulatory trends in Payments, which will drive your product decisions
- Supporting in product commercialisation, including proposition development, business case development, stakeholder training and creation of content (marketing collateral)
- Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of stakeholder (internal and external) needs and behaviours, to enable you to design and deliver successful product outcomes.
You will have:
- A deep understanding of Payments schemes and rulebooks, including on international and domestic payment rails.
- A strong focus on the client, and will base decisions on client feedback
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written), with the ability to clearly communicate product needs and requirements to leadership, business and technical stakeholders
- Strong organisational and project management skills
Potential candidates must be able to evidence:
- A minimum of 5 years working in a product role in a high-growth fintech or neobank, or a software/service company OR a minimum of 5 years working in a bank as Senior Business analyst
- Deep knowledge of SWIFT & ISO CBPR+ migration.
- Hands on experience using Jira
- Knowledge of all agile ceremonies
- Successful delivery of product solutions in a fast-paced, agile organisation
- Domain knowledge in Payments
- A high level of organisational and project management skill
- Strong analytical abilities, including the ability to distil a problem into its component parts
Nice to have:
- Deep knowledge of SEPA, FPS, CHAPS,BACs, and others
- Experience working in a high-growth or scale-environment
- Experience working with software vendors, payment schemes and banks