Job Title: Product Excellence Trainer
Location: Ideally based in London, Oxford, or Amsterdam. Candidates in GMT or Europe CET or EET time zones can be considered
Do you get excited by elevating the level of product excellence in an organization?
Do you enjoy coaching people on how to accelerate new value creation for customers?
About our Team
We employ 450 product professionals and over 2000 technologists, who are committed to improve the value we deliver to our customers. Collaborating in small agile teams, we leverage the latest technologies to build digital solutions that solve our customers’ problems.
We deliver our products using agile methodologies (mainly Scrum and Kanban), and we align our goals through the OKR framework. We have an active RELX Product Community that organizes forums on themes like innovation, best practices, product strategy, etc, as well as an Elsevier Product Guild. SVPG principles have been rolled out through external training, and SVPG language is therefore widely adopted throughout the product and technology organizations.
About the Role
You will combine a passion for learning & development with expertise in product development to create a continuous Product Excellence Training Program. You will design and deliver a training program focused on empowering cross-functional product and technology teams to build and enhance products that bring value to our market.
This role requires some travel to support training needs at US, UK and other global locations, estimated at 10-20%
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive product excellence training curriculum and a learning roadmap focused on empowering product and tech squads across Elsevier. Raising their level of product capability and accelerate value to market.
- Customizing training content to meet the specific needs of product and tech teams in different business units throughout their journey.
- Applying a data-driven approach to continuously improve learning and development offerings and outcomes.
- Conducting engaging and informative training sessions for both product and tech teams.
- Providing hands-on training, workshops, and coaching, as needed by the business.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of training through assessments and feedback from participants.
- Improving training content continuously based on feedback and industry best practices.
- Serving as an in-house expert on principles such as SVPG, OKRs, etc. and their practical application.
- Have 10+ years product management practitioner experience
Have hands-on experience in delivering products to market at scale successfully, at a senior level such as Principal Product Manager
- Have experience designing, developing and leading training activities. As well as direct experience in training program design and delivery within a product environment
- Be familiar with product principles and methodologies such as Agile, SVPG, A/B testing, OKRs, etc. and practical experience in their application
- Have exceptional presentation, teaching, and facilitation skills
- Be able to strongly engage with large groups both in an online and in-person setting
- Be able to work collaboratively across matrixed, cross-functional product and tech organizations and engage with different levels of seniority
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
- Working remotely from home and our office in a flexible hybrid pattern
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career, as this role is global, benefits may vary according to your location. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Health care plans and benefits
- Modern Family Benefits, including maternity, paternity, adoption and surrogacy
- Life assurance and accident policies
- Comprehensive pension and retirement plans
- Access to learning and development resources
- Your recruiter will advise you on the benefits package for your location
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
When you work with us, your work matters. You are part of an organization that nurtures your curiosity to stimulate innovation for the communities that we serve.
Growing Every Day
Like the communities we serve, you are on a constant path of discovery to shape your career and personal development.
Colleagues Who Care
You will be part of the Elsevier family. We will support your well-being and provide the flexibility you need to thrive at work and home.
Together, we create possibilities.
To apply for this job please visit relx.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.