We help investors unlock generational wealth by providing access to investments normally reserved for institutions and the ultra wealthy. We evaluate thousands of investments to provide our customers one diversified, and managed portfolio of alternative asset investments (things that are not stocks and bonds). Best of all, we are powered by an intuitive and easy to use software platform that our customers can use anywhere. Learn more at www.equi.com.
Our culture is driven by the values we collectively share and live together:
- Tikkun Olam (#TO, 🌎 ): Intent matters; and we’re committed to making our world a better place.
- Be a fiduciary (#BF, 🏦 ): We always act in our customers’ best interests.
- Renaissance ambition (#RA, 🎨 ): We pursue constant learning and self-development outside of work.
- Cheetah Craftsmanship (#ChC, 🐆 ): We sprint, innovate through obstacles, and produce excellent work; then recharge and reflect just as intensely, constantly honing and improving our craft.
- Lift each other up (#LEOU, 🙌🏼 ): We act for the greater good of the team, not our own self-interest.
- Conscious candor (#CC, 👂🏼 ): We listen and communicate honestly and provide feedback directly while being self-aware and compassionate.
- No lone wolves; Equi’s hunt & build systems together (#NLW, 🐺 ): We hunt as a pack, collaborate to avoid information silos, and build systems to make good things easy for the future.
Equi is looking for a seasoned Product Designer to build out and scale our design organization. We’re a hybrid asset manager and technology company so a strong interest in finance and/or investing will help you get far. Our platform is going to provide access to a class of investments that many people have never heard of before, so you’ll need to have the ability to simplify the complex.
This is a role with significant growth potential since you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with every department within the company. You’ll also be expected to perform extensive design research to develop a deep understanding of our customers and their needs. We want this company to be a design and product oriented company so you’ll be given a lot of autonomy and ability to influence the direction of our platform
Own: what is this person singularly responsible for?
- Partner with the Co-Founder & CEO and engineering team, lead the process of product deliverables through the entire UX/UI design lifecycle (research, design, test and delivery)
- Design web and mobile experiences that are simple, intuitive and address our customers needs as we continue to scale and launch more funds
- Lead design review sessions with executive team, sales, and engineering where you seek out specific feedback on your designs and incorporate relevant feedback
- See both the forest and the trees: think big picture including the current and future state of Equi; execute fine details for customers using our website / mobile app on a day to day basis
- Plan for the long term while navigating short-term tradeoffs
- Leverage data and present findings and decisions internally
Assist: what will this person be involved in, or collaborating with other individuals + teams on?
- Partner with sales and asset management teams to build out UI interfaces that support our customers and their capital with substantial and informative updates
- Partner with executive team on our product roadmap and prioritizing projects
- Design and layout our optimal UI and work hand in hand with engineering to build beautiful, sustainable and useful products for our customers
- Collaborate with legal and compliance to ensure we are building compliant and sustainable products
Knowledge: what experience does this person need to possess?
- 5+ years product design experience
- A portfolio that shows work you were directly responsible for the success of a product’s execution and launch
- Experience designing consumer-facing experiences for web and mobile, ideally in the Financial Services or FinTech space
- Ability to translate company goals and business problems into both web and mobile experiences
- Excellence in UX/UI thinking, visual design, and written communication
- A deep understanding of design patterns and design systems
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with engineers, sales teams, and product teams of all levels
- A high level of aptitude in Sketch, Invision, Figma, Adobe CC
Learn: what can they learn on the job?
- Deep knowledge of the alternative investments space needed to help guide the UI/UX for current and future Equi funds and products
- Learn the nuances of the regulated space we operate under while still building exceptional products
Equi offers competitive salaries, benefits, health insurance, 401(k), and a learning and development budget.
To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.