At Farewill, we a looking for a Product Manager to join our growing Product guild.
This role is a unique opportunity to work on real human problems by making a massive difference to how people feel about dying and what it’s like for those left behind. You’ll be part of creating motivational, accessible, and trustworthy services that deliver peace of mind to thousands of people at a time that truly matters.
Who you are:
You’re a Product Manager motivated by building great products that solve real problems, whether it’s website conversion, team tooling, or our next product launch.
You’re confident in working with qualitative and quantitative data to inform decisions, set goals, and measure the impact of what you’ve shipped. You’re a fantastic communicator and an even better listener.
You thrive working with great people, giving them the direction, clarity and support to be the best they can be. You can challenge the people in your team to think through complex problems and turn them into fantastic customer experience. You love the challenge of wearing lots of hats (metaphorical or literal – that’s up to you).
As a Product Manager in our team, over the next 12 months, you’ll:
- Be responsible for one or more product areas, taking opportunities and user pain points and figuring out how to solve them in ways that will help us scale
- Embrace the excitement and ambiguity of a growing startup.
- You’ll find the biggest opportunities and work on varied problems with growing, flexing teams across the entire business
- Gain an understanding of all aspects of the business and product, from marketing and brand to legal and risk
- Communicate brilliantly with the business and your team, to ensure everyone’s clear, and we can navigate dependencies
- Use data from a range of sources to inform decisions, set goals and measure the impact of the work your team ships
- Work with designers, developers and user researchers to identify, prioritise, solve problems iteratively
- Play an active part in our Product Guild promoting great product practices and shaping how we build product at Farewill
- Share your learnings, wins and failures to help you and the team continually improve.
Hopefully, you’ll have some or all of the following:
- 2-3 years experience as a Product Manager turning business goals and user problems into opportunities and roadmaps for your team
- Be super customer focused and love talking to users
- You’re passionate about building the best possible user experience, and you monitor your metrics to see whether you’re delivering
- Have experience of continually improving a product in a growing business
- You’re comfortable working in a technical team that deals with ambiguity every day
- The ability to communicate effectively with developers, designers and other teams to understand constraints, tradeoffs and capabilities
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Work from home on Wednesdays, flexible start and end to your day
- Off-site days and team lunches
- Santander cycles membership
- The chance to make a meaningful contribution to people’s lives and deaths
- And much more
At Farewill, we’re out to change the way the world deals with death. Helping people to take control, personally and financially, of what matters to them after they’re gone.
We launched our first product – our will-writing service – in December 2016, and since then we’ve grown to be the largest will-writer in the UK. We launched our second product, Probate, in early 2019, and recently our third, Cremation.
Our growth to date has been driven by an exceptional product (see our customer reviews) and key strategic partnerships. We’ve been featured in Forbes, The Times, The Guardian and on Radio 4 among others. We’re also making waves in the charity world – with over £100 million raised for charities on our platform from gifts left in wills.
We’re a creative, focused team who love what we do. We have backgrounds in design, technology, behavioural psychology, and management consultancy. We love to learn from each other and our customers, and grow together as a team.
Based in our lovely office in Haggerston, we’re backed by some of the best investors in Europe – from the founders of Transferwise and Zoopla, to Kindred Capital, SAATCHiNVEST, JamJar and DMGT.
This is an unusual, fascinating, and emotional area to work in – if you’re up for a big challenge we’d love to meet you.