Client: Federal Reserve Bank-SF
A candidate who does not require any sponsorship in the future will be highly preferred for this role.
Local or nearby candidates required
Principal duties/Roles and responsibilities:
Primary Location UT-Salt Lake City At the Client we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The Client is looking for a motivated, talented and innovative Sr Product Manager who is passionate about driving emerging technology. This role will be a key member of the National Integration Services (NIS) team, part of the Information Technology Services (ITS) department of the Client . NIS’ middleware technologies support business objectives for internal departments such as Cash, Markets, Statistics and Reserves, Bank Supervision and Regulation, and external departments including the US Treasury. The fast growing, dynamic and proven NIS teams are a tight-knit, cross-functional group that tightly collaborates to deliver impactful results to our businesses across the Client . This is an exciting opportunity to work with NIS and be involved in leading an integration solution product for a critical new Client initiative that will be transformative to the payments landscape in the United States.
This role will be responsible for demonstrating powerful leadership in a fast-paced, dynamic landscape where ambiguity is the norm and maintaining composure and diplomacy while managing and driving a complex and highly visible product and program plan across multiple teams, departments, and levels of stakeholders, including executive leadership. Who We’re Looking For You are a self-motivated, analytical, excellent communicator who leverages superior organizational awareness and collaborative influence to drive results and create value across multiple complex workstreams. You will be a “jack-of-all-trades” Product Manager, handling the overall program and project management of your product, as well as defining strategy, translating high level strategic initiatives into requirements, performing product and customer research, developing communication plans, creating and updating artifacts, crafting and distributing executive level and detailed status updates, and working cross-functionally with Architects, Engineers, Business Analysts, Service Managers, Communications Specialists and beyond – across multiple teams in a rapidly evolving, fast-paced landscape.
• Plan, organize, and lead a large, complex enterprise-level initiative consisting of multiple teams and workstreams
• Translate business objectives into execution strategy (tactical and strategic), lead and successfully execute the strategy through strong collaboration and agile leadership
• Work with multiple cross functional teams to take ownership and accountability of planning and delivery for major cross functional product and infrastructure build out programs
• Champion defined project and program management processes and best practices in the program including budget and expenditures, track key milestones and adjust resources as appropriate, ensure early detection of risks and develop appropriate risk response strategy, escalate issues as needed and guide issues to closure where possible.
• Responsible for developing, optimizing, and leading processes, strategic cross-functional communication, client engagement and critical stakeholder management for multiple initiatives
• Responsibility for the creation and maintenance of required program documentation and artifacts
• Lead regular interactions with executives to inform, alert, negotiate and maintain a continuous working relationship and shared vision for the initiative outcome
• Establish and ensure appropriate program governance functions in accordance with enterprise policies and practices on behalf of the executive team
• Develop, manage, and evolve KPI, operational metrics, and program reporting to ensure value is delivered
• Drive effectiveness and accountability across teams and manage an initiative supported by a diverse team across the country |
• Work directly with representatives of all organizational areas, advising team and leadership of any status or implementation issues and recommending solutions as necessary
• Lead daily program and project execution, including scope, time, and delivery criteria
• Comfort communicating to various levels of stakeholders (from technical leads to senior executives)
• Ensure cross-functional dependencies are identified to establish priorities
• Lead emerging product management research, strategic positioning to meet evolving business needs, map product requirements and feature roadmaps and coordinate detailed planning
• Anticipate industry and product trends, capability prioritization and tradeoffs, balancing business needs versus technical and resource constraints
• Work effectively and diplomatically across districts and organizations with an ability to retain, contextualize, and disseminate information from and to a wide variety of sources and stakeholders.
• Ability to interact with all levels of management and staff, building clout and securing trust and buy-in from team members and stakeholders in all areas and levels of the organization.
Required Skills/Must Have:
• 5-7 years of project/program/product management experience with large, complex initiatives – certification strongly preferred
• Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams to deliver on tight deadlines
• Highly organized with superior communication and coordination skills
• Ability to coordinate and work with diverse groups of subject matter experts
• Self-starter, with a high personal standard of performance excellence
• Understanding of Product, Project and Program Management best practices and proven track record in working with cross-functional, non-dedicated teams
• Ability to develop communication strategies and Executive artifacts, product strategies and roadmaps and deliver complex material to tailored audiences
• Proven ability to work effectively independently or in a team environment
• Strong analytical, collaboration, leadership, critical thinking, multitasking, and time management skills
• Ability to influence successfully in a highly matrixed or virtual organization
• Demonstrated independent thinking and decision-making abilities
• Ability to quickly and efficiently receive and process information
• Judgment to escalate risk-based decisions appropriately
• Ability to travel (percentage may vary up to 15%)
• Experience with product and project management tools such as JIRA, SharePoint, Confluence, etc.
• Candidate who does not require any sponsorship in the future will be highly preferred for this role
• Bachelor’s degree in Management, Communications, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience