The Fluent Forever mobile application was the most successful crowdfunded app in history, and for good reason: we are building the most powerful language learning platform in the world. Our mission is to enable ten million people to have comfortable conversations in a foreign language by 2030, and we need great people to help us get there.
About this role:
As the Head of Product at Fluent Forever, you will drive the strategy behind our new feature sets and our new product lines. You’ll work with our CEO to create amazing pedagogical outcomes for our users and research our customers to understand their needs and pain points.
See the application link for full details!
What you’ll do:
- Set the strategy for rolling out new features within our existing product
- Work with the CEO, business, and customer feedback to define the product vision, strategy, and requirements of our next product line
- Drive our business decisions by identifying our most critical KPIs and methodically creating and prioritizing features to improve them
- Become our customers’ strongest advocate – drive a discovery process that teaches us their key pain points and tests solutions to those pain points across a variety of customer segments
- Oversee user research to improve product features
- Define priorities and customer journeys so that our Project Manager can write and refine tickets, and schedule resources accordingly
- Shape a user experience and product vision, strategy, and plan of action that aligns with our business goals
- Monitor performance and measure the impact of product enhancements
- Manage external UX/UI contractors
- Tell us when we need to build an internal UX/UI design team and be involved in that recruiting process
- Lead our strategy when it comes to prioritizing new features vs new products vs bug fixes vs changes
- Work collaboratively across tech, marketing, and customer happiness to create intuitive and enjoyable product solutions
- Implement company-wide go-to-market plans, balancing strategic planning with tactical execution
- Collaborate with engineering throughout product development to commercialize products with the highest levels of quality
- Deeply understand Fluent Forever’s users and the broader language learning market context
What you’re awesome at already:
- Experience leading technical products used by non-technical users, ideally in startups or small-to-mid-size companies
- Strong user empathy and an excellent understanding of outstanding user experiences
- Experience working in a smaller (~100 people) company environment, ideally with experience reporting into a Founding CEO
- Experience working with a technical product (mobile experience is a bonus)
- Scaled a product and a product team from an early stage ($0-5M in revenue, 1 PM on the team) to growth stage or beyond (building a team of PMs, $5M revenue and beyond).
- Management expertise (ideally at the Director of Product or Junior VP of Product level), mentoring and guiding the careers of product managers (and ideally designers) in the past
- Familiarity with a self-service SaaS product and a product led growth go-to-market strategy
- Deep Product Manager fundamentals and expertise. Has the ability to drive effective development processes and up-level a product organization
- Bringing a data-driven approach to product management.
- Experience collaborating and working with team members in engineering, marketing/growth, and customer advocacy.
- Experience with distributed work environments (ideally doing a mix of synchronous and asynchronous work across multiple time zones)
What we provide:
- We actively work to create and maintain an enjoyable, fulfilling work environment. This is what we find enjoyable and fulfilling: https://fluent-forever.com/pfard/
- Health care (for U.S. residents)
- Equity-based compensation
- Unlimited PTO (employees are encouraged to take at least 3 weeks/per year of vacation)
- Flexible work hours
- Equipment perks
- Career growth opportunities
- Language learning perks – e.g. app access, tutor credits
- Volunteer days and company matched charitable donations
- Mental Health/Wellness perks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply: We look forward to receiving your application via the “Apply To Position” button below. When applying, please include a section in your cover letter that specifically answers the question, “why do you want to work for Fluent Forever?”.
Closing Date for Applications: August 10th 2020
Note: An applicant assessment and background check may be part of your hiring procedure.
No recruitment agencies, please.