FreeAgent aims to remove the stress and pain of dealing with business finances. From the very beginning in 2007, our aim was to create a product that would make an impact and improve the lives of micro-businesses in the UK. Now FreeAgent is one of the UK’s most popular online accounting software providers, with over 150,000 customers.
Not to blow our own horn … but AccountingWEB even named FreeAgent the top bookkeeping product of 2020 and 2021. And in 2022 we were voted ‘Friendliest Software of the Year’ at the ICB LUCA Awards. The list could go on!
It’s not just our customers who love us, our employees do too ⭐
Find out more on Glassdoor.
We believe in the power of a collaborative, high-performing, and diverse team. We’d love you to join us on our journey.
The role 👩🚀
Our Workflow team’s mission is to empower users with automated solutions which are easy to use and seamlessly connected thus simplifying their daily admin. As a cross functional team, they are responsible for small business administrative areas including invoicing, expenses and time management. Workflow looks out for our customers when it comes to nailing the daily admin.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our team for a defined period to support maternity cover. You’ll be translating the team’s strategy and roadmap into a plan of ongoing development and improvement. This will involve understanding the needs and requirements of the business and our users, assisting in the ongoing prioritisation of projects and features, and managing the development of these through our agile process.
We are looking for a product manager who can continuously level up the team on our user objectives and business needs. The role is perfect for someone who cares deeply about the end to end user experience, sweating the details so that our users have a delightful experience when using FreeAgent and working across teams and departments to determine an unified customer journey. This person is customer centric and passionate about creating engaging in app experiences for our users, making strategic decisions that meaningfully make a difference in our customer’s lives whilst keeping our product quality bar high. They will have an ownership mentality for driving impact, be data-informed to find insights and prioritise learning quickly to deliver value to our customers.
Day-to-day, here’s what you can expect:
- Identifying customer needs and business opportunities by engaging with our users, partners and stakeholders, translating insight and feedback into a clear and well defined product roadmap
- Facilitating the wider product development workflow from initial stakeholder requirements, through prioritisation into design, development, release and measurement
- Execute at a fast pace with a focus on user experience, impact and learning in collaboration with engineering, design and marketing peers
- Maintaining, grooming and prioritising product backlogs, ensuring requirements are well understood, documented and communicated throughout the team
- Leading with deep user empathy you will work closely alongside our design and engineering teams to prototype new features and product improvements that our users will love
- Monitoring success of ongoing product developments through data analytics, user feedback and other quantitative and qualitative feedback channels
- Evaluate product developments against KPIs and feed suggestions back into the product roadmap.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Deep customer empathy and demonstrable success in a product management role with a strong attention to detail, excellent communication, planning and organisational skills, ideally within an agile environment
- Experience of shaping complex products to support small businesses, translating user requirements into elegant, usable solutions
- Experience of launching new products and features into market through successful planning and execution, evident by the impact made and ensuring customer adoption growth over time
- The ability to communicate and present ideas effectively with a proven ability to influence and persuade, and work with, people of varying levels of seniority
- Experience working cross functionally and interdependently to enable execution of company strategic goals through the creation and execution of a product strategy
- A customer-centric and data-informed approach; able to to use data to inform decision making as well as set and track KPIs to measure product success
- A willingness to deep dive on complex, sometimes technical, problems
- An appreciation of user experience and design best practice and how this relates to product design
- An understanding of agile development and be able to work confidently alongside engineers and designers
- Strong analytical skills and an attention to detail
The salary band for the position is between £51,000 – £65,000 per annum depending on experience.
Our salary bands are linked to performance expectations, to help nurture our culture of learning as well as a sense of fairness for all. Therefore a starting salary would likely leave some opportunity for growth within the band.
We pride ourselves on creating a fantastic place to work, including (but not limited to!) the following:
- 33 days holiday (and an extra day for each year you’re with us)
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Private health care
- Life assurance
- 5% matched pension contributions
- Summer 4 day weeks (giving you 8 additional days off!)
- Buy-as-you-earn share schemes
- Sabbatical leave (unpaid)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellness webinars
- Focused learning time and learning budgets
- Volunteering day
Our work life 👩🏽💻
We believe in a strong work-life balance, we don’t work long hours (35 hour working week), and we have a fabulous Edinburgh HQ expertly designed for collaboration including high-quality A/V equipment to provide a great experience for distributed teams.
At FreeAgent, we support each other and operate a no-blame culture. Our mindset is: work hard, be nice to people, and the rest will sort itself out!
This is a permanent, full-time role (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm). This role can be based remotely within the UK, and if you are in the Edinburgh area, there will be an opportunity to adopt hybrid working for this role and work under an agreed pattern from both the office and at home. Working from home is second nature to us as we have been championing remote working for 16 years.
How to apply ✍
We hire smart, talented people (like you!) to make FreeAgent even better.
Our application process is simple: upload your CV and answer a few questions about why you want to work with us. Our selection process includes:
A phone call with a member of our Talent Team
A video interview
A final interview, incorporating a presentation
We work hard to make the process straightforward, transparent, and enjoyable.
FreeAgent is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from people with varied backgrounds and perspectives. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, family or parental status.
Want to find out more? Email any queries to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.