FreeAgent aims to remove the stress and pain of dealing with business finances. From the very beginning in 2007, our aim was to create a product that would make an impact and improve the lives of micro-businesses in the UK. Now FreeAgent is one of the UK’s most popular online accounting software providers, with over 150,000 customers.
Not to blow our own horn … but AccountingWEB even named FreeAgent the top bookkeeping product of 2020 and 2021. And in 2022 we were voted ‘Friendliest Software of the Year’ at the ICB LUCA Awards. The list could go on!
It’s not just our customers who love us, our employees do too ⭐
Find out more on Glassdoor.
We believe in the power of a collaborative, high-performing, and diverse team. We’d love you to join us on our journey.
The role 👩🚀
As Group Product Manager you will lead our Banking & Engagement Group within FreeAgent, comprising 5 product teams. Within your group, you will seek to ensure our PMs and BAs operate at the top of their game, delivering a product which is loved by users and successfully meets our business objectives. You will ensure the teams in your group are well directed, motivated, productive and engaged in their work.
Working alongside Group Managers across Product, Engineering and Design you will help shape product strategy, translate to your teams and support the development of innovative and elegant solutions to best serve our user’s needs. You will communicate progress, issues or constraints clearly and promptly to stakeholders and leadership. You will be a guardian and evangeliser of our product principles and our agile development process, whilst challenging them to be better every day as a product organisation.
You will work closely with our product leadership team to support the shaping and implementation of the product strategy through your group. You will also coach and develop your product managers and business analysts to provide focus on the right priorities for the teams to solve customer problems in a way that moves key business outcomes.
Day-to-day, here’s what you can expect:
- Support and evangelise our vision and strategy to inspire and motivate your team
- Guide, support and coach your team members to achieve their aspirations in themselves and within the product
- Promote an innovative and collaborative environment within the team; encourage open, honest and collaborative communication with the aim to promote a culture of continuous improvement
- Promote a data-informed approach to prioritise the roadmap according to our business goals whilst advocating for the customer
- Motivate and oversee product group to meet product goals, assisting with defining and measuring key objectives and KPIs
- Identified as a primary point of contact and domain expert for your product area
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to build world class products
- Lead a high potential team in partnership with Engineering and Design
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Demonstrated success in a product management role including driving world class execution, delivering value to customers, continuously improving the quality of the product whilst diminishing risks to ensure high quality
- Demonstrated experience in effectively line managing, hiring and coaching a team of product managers, with a deep desire to build a healthy, high performing team
- Experience in a digital product business ideally in banking or finance, working with regulatory products and processes
- Experience of defining, setting and managing OKRs
- The ability to communicate and present ideas effectively with a proven ability to influence and persuade, and work with, people of varying levels of seniority
- Experience of leading product teams working cross functionally and interdependently to enable execution of company strategic goals
- A customer-centric and data-informed approach; able to to use data to inform decision making as well as set and track KPIs to measure product success
- A willingness to deep dive on complex, sometimes technical, problems
- An understanding of agile development and be able to work confidently alongside engineers and designers
- Strong analytical skills and great attention to detail
It’d be a bonus if you have:
- Experience with open finance technology
- Experience working with third party providers in the development of shared platform solutions
The salary band for the position is between £65,000 – £82,000 per annum depending on experience.
Our salary bands are linked to performance expectations, to help nurture our culture of learning and fairness for all. Therefore a starting salary would likely leave some opportunity for growth within the band.
We pride ourselves on creating a fantastic place to work, including (but not limited to!) the following:
- 33 days holiday (and an extra day for each year you’re with us)
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Private health care
- Life assurance
- 5% matched pension contributions
- Summer 4 day weeks (giving you 8 additional days off!)
- Buy-as-you-earn share schemes
- Sabbatical leave (unpaid)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellness webinars
- Focused learning time and learning budgets
- Volunteering day
Our work life 👩🏽💻
We believe in a strong work-life balance, we don’t work long hours (35 hour working week), and we have a fabulous Edinburgh HQ expertly designed for collaboration including high-quality A/V equipment to provide a great experience for distributed teams.
At FreeAgent, we support each other and operate a no-blame culture. Our mindset is: work hard, be nice to people, and the rest will sort itself out!
This is a permanent, full-time role (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm). This role can be based remotely within the UK, and if you are in the Edinburgh area, there will be an opportunity to adopt hybrid working for this role and work under an agreed pattern from both the office and at home. Working from home is second nature to us as we have been championing remote working for 16 years.
How to apply ✍
We hire smart, talented people (like you!) to make FreeAgent even better.
Our application process is simple: upload your CV and answer a few questions about why you want to work with us. Our selection process includes:
- A phone call with a member of our Talent Team
- A video interview
- A final interview, incorporating a presentation
We work hard to make the process straightforward, transparent, and enjoyable.
FreeAgent is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from people with varied backgrounds and perspectives. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, family or parental status.
Want to find out more? Email any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org