Are you a super-driven Product Manager? Experienced in SaaS? Want to join an established company amidst a fast pace scale-up phase? Want to develop your career with mentorship from a Co-founder and COO? This might be the role for you!
A Customer Lifecycle Intelligence (CLI) platform that helps B2B companies in regulated industries do better business faster. Their platform allows front and middle office teams to win the right business customers, accelerate onboarding and keep them for life. Through web applications and APIs, the company reduces the cost of acquiring and serve the right business customers by up to 80%.
The company was formed following the merger of two successful tech businesses. Backed by top-tier investors including Octopus Investments, Notion Capital, Augmentum Fintech and notable angel investors, the company brings together decades of combined experience serving UK financial institutions. Today, they are seen as a trusted partner to some 600 customers and 15,000 end users and growing. They’re a profitable, scale-up business with a lot to their name and even bigger plans!
One of their customers is BT, who has generated £24m of pipeline through the platform.
You’ll have a crucial role in developing a SaaS platform to ensure it meets customers’ needs continuously. You’ll have clear ownership over part of a roadmap, directing the development of a portion of the product and ensuring delivery of product specifications. You’ll be the primary point of contact with one of the feature delivery teams.
- Discovery: Build a deep understanding of customers, the problems they’re trying to solve and how to help solve them.
- Delivery: Continuously identify the opportunities to make the biggest impact and work cross-functionally to build & release high-impact products.
- Roadmap management: Prioritise based on customer & business impact to ensure the team is always working on the most important initiatives.
- Collaboration: Work closely with customer success, sales & marketing to ensure taking products to market effectively.
- Advocacy: Evangelise and advocate for the users and the product, ensuring alignment throughout the business.
- Impact: Measure, analyse and communicate the value of product functionality, iterating where necessary to achieve goals.
The company is looking for someone who understands the value of good product management principles and how they can be applied to build amazing products in the B2B space.
They need someone who can develop a deep understanding of their customers and use it to define creative solutions to the problems they face.
They welcome debate and candid discussion about the pros and cons of their ideas and love exploring new ways they can unlock value for their users.
They have ambitious goals to serve a critical need in a thriving sector and are looking for creative and goal-oriented colleagues to join them.
- £55,000 – £65,000 salary
- EMI-approved option scheme – the company believes employee ownership is a key part of cultivating the mindset they want from everyone
- Comprehensive benefits, including life and health cover
- Remote/Hybrid/Flexible working – the choice is yours!
- 25 days annual leave (they take a break over Christmas!)
- Life Assurance and a fabulous Employee Assistance Programme
- Private Healthcare for you – and options for adding your family
- Discounts on various retail stores, gyms memberships and a bike scheme
- Access to LinkedIn Learning
- Entrepreneurial Operating System – learn to get what you want from business
- Solid job security following the merger of two established companies
- Work with a portfolio of major financial establishments
- Join an environment where driven, and accountable people thrive, and the development and progression of people in the team is a top priority
- The company operate in an environment where your contributions will be meaningful and good work is recognised
To be successful, you will…
- Have 2-5 years of experience in a B2B Product Management role.
- Have experience working on data-centric SaaS or API products.
- Have experience in interviewing users and stakeholders and getting to the heart of the problem without jumping straight to the solution.
- Have experience working with engineers and designers to synthesise user feedback and translate it into valuable product outcomes.
- Have experience crafting product strategy and effectively prioritising initiatives to ensure the company is always concentrating its efforts in the most valuable areas.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to concisely explain the user impact of product decisions to stakeholders across multiple functions.
- Be highly organised with keen attention to detail.
- Be a reasoned and structured thinker.
- Have a ‘get stuff done’ mentality.
- Have a motivated and positive attitude.
- Take a proactive, iterative, and pragmatic approach to solving problems, with the ability to find a new way when your original plan doesn’t work as expected.
- Have experience working on financially regulated products, e.g., Know Your Customer/Anti Money Laundering/RegTech/Fin-Crime/Credit, etc.
If you’re someone who is really, really driven, and excited by making products better for end users, apply now!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com