Head of Product
Over the last 6 months GetAgent’s tech team has grown quickly to comprise 5 developers, 2 designers and a user researcher. It’s now time for us to add an experienced and ambitious Head of Product to allow us to continue to scale the team.
As the first “Product” hire, you’d initially wear many hats. You’ll work with the CTO to help define the product strategy whilst also managing the day-to-day product delivery. So you’ll need to be comfortable setting strategy whilst also getting your hands dirty!
You’ll be the bridge between the engineering, design, copy and marketing teams ensuring product features are delivered smoothly and on time. You’ll gather feedback and insights from the wider business and keep stakeholders informed of timelines and progress.
As the team grows we’d want you to build out and lead the Product function, quickly hiring at least one Product Manager.
The GetAgent product is already quite broad, and will only become more-so as we add more verticals! You’ll initially have visibility of the whole product and responsibility for large parts of it. You’ll be charged with deciding how best to manage product as we grow the team, including implementing any product management frameworks.
This role reports directly into the CTO/co-founder.
What We’re Looking For
- At least 5 years experience in a product role, ideally most of it in a start-up.
- Experience defining and executing a multi-year product strategy.
- Hands on ability to plan projects and agree technical/engineering priorities.
- Ability to run day to day product development and backlog management.
- You’ll need to be able to balance the strategic and tactical elements of your role and be comfortable “zooming-in” and “zooming-out” constantly.
- Strong product analytics skills, with the ability to review data to make informed decisions on product optimisation.
- Great communication skills, with the ability to clearly keep key stakeholders informed on product plans and development progress, as well as providing direction to members of the design and development teams.
- Strong understanding of web development and systems architecture. We’re not expecting you to be a developer, but you should be comfortable having a technical discussion!
- Excellent time-management, organisation and prioritisation skills
We’d love it if you also have:
- Experience building a product team from scratch, including leading recruitment
- Experience with a comparison product or in the Real Estate industry
- Experienced the pain of a selling a home!
The Recruitment Process
- Short initial chat on the phone to answer any questions you may have
- Product Management challenge (at home)
- Interview with CTO to discuss challenge
- Meet Lead Developer and Lead Product Designer
- Culture check with CEO
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com