Goldex is an intuitive app for gold investors that provides the first global marketplace delivering instant and fair pricing for physical gold. Powered by smart trading technology, it enables both retail and institutional traders to seamlessly buy and sell gold at the best prices 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All gold bought through Goldex is legally owned by its investors, insured and safely stored in independent vaults.
We have ambitious growth plans across product, global reach and organisational structure to ultimately redefine accessibility to the gold market and how people invest. This is a huge opportunity for the right candidate to come in at the ground level and form an integral part of a team that drives the reinvention of gold ownership.
What we need
We’re on the lookout for a high-energy, senior Product Manager to join the core management team, shape future product strategy and implement the fundamentals of a good product development process. You will help deliver the next phase of our solution offering, working on the definition and development of the world’s first global marketplace in physical gold investments, with over $200 bn of gold and gold backed products being traded a day.
To that end, we’re looking for someone with a strong business analyst background, working closely with technology and operations to lead multiple projects. You’ll take full ownership of projects by collaborating with business users and IT team members, working as an integral guardian of resource and driving the production process.
You will have a high degree of autonomy, have a strong influence across the product stack (strategy to delivery) at an important time for the company. We need someone who thrives off a challenge, is not afraid to hold their ground, and doesn’t stick to a rigid approach. Someone who is creative, but overall an action-orientated person who has high execution standards and is able to keep the big picture in mind while managing the micro-details.
Your areas of responsibility
- Lead the definition of product goals and strategy
- Appraise and improve the product development process
- Advocate core product development principles across the business
- Exploration and delivery of new functionality to front, middle and back office
- Product sprint planning, backlog management, progress and execution control
- Prioritisation of technological investments and tech debt reduction
- Creating efficiencies for existing functionality through meticulous understanding of product and business processes
- Working with developers to translate new business requirements and user stories into functional / technical deliveries
- Producing accurate and timely specifications, system context diagrams and test scripts
- Develop test plans and performance testing
- Developing and maintaining project plans which detail necessary tasks, estimated duration, dependencies, resources and timelines
- Managing project scope, prioritising requests and co-ordinating IT resources
- Providing status updates to IT management, business users, and IT team members
What you will bring
- Experience working on and leading Product in a senior role (5+ years)
- Exceptional grasp of the fundamental principles of product management, lean product development, agile methodologies and best practices
- Expertise in all aspects of the product and system development lifecycle (SDLC): analysis, design, development, testing, and project management
- Experience across a range of research and validation techniques
- Core UX skills (wireframes, usability testing) and knowledge of the design process on both web and mobile apps
- Strong understanding of analytics and the fundamental principles of web and mobile optimisation (e.g. conversion funnels, form analytics, data layers)
- Able to build strong working relationships with business stakeholders, development and test teams, leadership and senior management
- Strong problem-solving skills, with ability to proactively resolve issues
Joining a start-up is one of the most rewarding things you can do in your career. There’s no office politics, dress-up code or top-down culture: you have the chance to make an immediate impact, carve out your own influence and execute your own ideas. You’ll also learn more in your first three months than you have in your last three years.
Additional benefits include:
- A competitive salary with frequent salary reviews and bonuses based on results & funding rounds
- Flexible hours and working environment in a central Shoreditch location
- Equity options and pension contributions
- A dynamic, high-growth environment that focuses on a casual atmosphere without sacrificing productivity
- Monthly team events and available personal development budget
- Applications will be reviewed and given an initial accept/reject within 3 days
- Successful applicants will be invited for a 30-minute Skype screener
- Applicants who pass will be invited for an in-depth, in-person 60-minute interview
- Optional additional 60-minute interview with COO / CEO
- Final offer discussed and made to successful candidate within 10 days
- We will endeavour to respond swiftly and clearly at each stage
- Our target it to make this hire by 1st March at the latest
- We do not have set dates for the each stage above – the first candidate who fulfills the role requirements will be selected