GooseChase is a rapidly growing, fully remote web and mobile platform for creating and facilitating scavenger hunts. Through our website, organizers create custom “hunts” for anything from onboarding new employees, touring museums, engaging at festivals, educating students and more! Participants can compete as teams or individuals to submit photo, video, text or GPS based submissions through our native Android and iOS apps.
The key aspects of our platform are:
- Game Manager (Web): The game manager is where game organizers create and manage their scavenger hunt games. We have an incredible number of different use cases for our platform, with various levels of organizer experience, meaning this is a crucial area for us to get right!
- iOS & Android Apps: When someone participates in a GooseChase, they do so using our native mobile applications. The primary components here are finding & joining the right game, completing the missions and staying up to date & engaged in the game via activity feeds, leaderboards, and announcements & bonuses from the game organizer. People can get very competitive when playing, so creating a seamless experience that doesn’t get in the way makes a big difference.
Because of the flexibility and ease-of-use of our product, we have successfully powered game types ranging from festival-wide competitions, with thousands of dollars in prizes, to K-12 classroom lessons on government types, featuring gummy bears to help demonstrate the differences between a dictatorship and a democracy!
Seeing the different ways the product can be used, and the joy it creates in those who participate is an incredibly rewarding experience & is something we’d love to share with you as well! You’ll also be having a major impact as our platform has been responsible for ~10M submissions in the last year alone!
As our first dedicated Product Manager, you will report directly to the CEO and have the incredible opportunity to help guide our platform to the next level and make sure we’re working on the right things! You will talk directly with our customers and work closely with our design, engineering & revenue teams to understand our users’ needs, clarify the problems to solve, figure out whether we are actually solving them & prioritizing what to work on next.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Being intimately knowledgeable of all areas of the platform (online game manager & participant mobile apps) and the different types of users that use the platform for different purposes. You need to know our product like the back of your hand.
- Blending analytics data, feedback from various internal teams and direct conversations with customers to understand needs & how we can best prioritize and solve customer problems.
- Taking complicated problems and distilling them down into bite sized pieces that can be rapidly tackled and iterated on.
- Embracing your role as a user and business advocate and actively collaborating with & supporting other team members to make it happen. A can-do attitude here is absolutely critical.
- Understanding what is possible from both an engineering & design perspective, as well as the impact potential changes could have on our other teams, to accurately understand what is involved in a given project.
- Organizing the problems we are solving into well organized projects with corresponding user stories for our team to work on.
- Working under limited supervision with significant latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
The candidate for this position must have:
- A significant (4+ years) amount of experience in product management, especially with smaller companies or startups where there are plenty of competing priorities to balance.
- Strong command of the engineering and design fields to ensure effective prioritization & collaboration with teammates.
- Experience setting success metrics & evaluating product performance against those.
- Outstanding organizational skills, particularly around breaking high-level concepts into smaller chunks and keeping relevant stakeholders informed along the way.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and creative thinking skills, with a near-native level of English proficiency.
- Located within, or has regular working hours within the GMT-8 (PST) to GMT+1 (CET) time zones to ensure sufficient overlap with our distributed product team.
Although not required, it would be a big plus if the candidate had past experience:
- Working as an individual contributor in an agile environment, ideally in a technical or design-focused role (or at least has a Bachelor’s degree in a technical or design-focused discipline).
- Managing projects from start to finish.
- Working with smaller teams, especially in a remote setting.
- Fully remote work – work whenever/wherever/however you want.
- Competitive compensation & benefits, including stipends for equipment, co-working spaces, etc.
- Join a company that is profitable & growing quickly, but still prioritizes doing the right thing over everything else.
- Significant learning opportunities – whether it’s learning about other parts of the business or taking on more responsibility, we expect everyone on the team to be continually looking to grow.