At Headway, as a Product Strategist…
You’ll be bringing new digital products to life – working with a small multi-disciplinary team of designers, developers, and other talented product people.
Working closely with our team and clients, you will be validating product ideas, finding market opportunities, designing solutions, challenging assumptions, running experiments, presenting to stakeholders, and collaborating with the full product team to make new products a reality.
You’ll help make decisions on product direction and stand up for creating value for both customers and the business.
Founded in 2015, Headway was born out of a passion to bring entrepreneurial ideas to market and keep them there.
We help entrepreneurs build businesses – not just features.
We work holistically with our client partners as true product teams. We bring an ownership mentality to design, validation, and building great digital products. Our clients trust us because we focus on addressing risk head-on, learning quickly, and creating awesome products that customers love.
Our product strategists, designers and developers create incredible products that bring successful long-term partnerships and trusted referrals.
This approach, coupling an experimental-mindset with realistic and incremental software releases, results in a friendly, fun, and collaborative atmosphere where our colleagues and clients both have room to learn and grow.
As a Product Strategist at Headway, you are responsible for executing within the Headway product strategy process with a focus on client and user needs, including:
- Collaborating with Clients, Stakeholders, Designers, and Developers to make awesome products customers love
- Working with our Head of Product Strategy & Innovation to improve Product best practices
- Owning Customer Discovery for client engagements, including: customer interviews, surfacing and capturing key insights, synthesis and affinity mapping, personas, etc.
- Defining customer segments
- Aligning with clients on product success metrics
- Prototyping solutions in collaboration with designers and tech leads
- Mapping out the customer journey & key flows
- Designing business models
- Finding bottlenecks & opportunities to improve customer experience
- Facilitating workshop sessions to help the team & stakeholders move fast
- Planning release prioritization using user story mapping focused on customer outcomes
- Managing the product backlog & roadmap
- Designing experiments around key customer behaviors
- Identifying risks to the product’s success and being vocal about how we might be able to reduce the risk
- Helping the team iterate rapidly to maximize learning in fast feedback loops
- Fast Learner, Absorbs new domains quickly
- Customer Research, Customer Interviews, Empathy
- Customer Journey maps, Personas
- Problem Space vs. Solution Space
- Confidence in Presenting
- Withholds Judgement
- Systems Thinking
- Sees Patterns
- Agile Team Experience: Sprint & Release Planning, User Stories, Managed Backlog, Daily Standups
- Solution Design / Wireframes
- Prototype Feedback / Usability Testing
- Go-Getter, Takes initiative, Ownership mentality
- Organized, Disciplined
- Continuous Learner
- Humble, Seeking Personal Growth
- Team Player & Collaborative
- Ready to go with Google Suite, Slack, etc.
- Group Facilitation / Workshops
- Stakeholder Management / Account Management
- Lean Startup Experience
- Risk Based Prioritization
- Running Experiments
- Startup Experience
- Sales Experience
- Value Proposition Design
- Marketing Tech
- Jobs to be Done
- Market Sizing
- Competitive Analysis
- Usability Testing
- Unit Economics
- P&L / Revenue Models
- Data Analytics & Visualization
- Data Transformation / SQL
- Software development background
- Experience in Autonomous Teams
Work, Play, & Everything in between
Friday Team Lunches
Every week we meet as a team to share personal and professional wins while we break bread.
A $5,000+ hardware package; MacBook Pro, peripherals, and more!
35 hrs/week for client work and 5 hrs/week for investment time. We also host workshops and meetups.
We all grow together. Have a clear path for professional development.
Work where you work best. We’re remote-first. Need to take a break during the day? No problem.
Healthcare, Dental, & Vision
We cover 100% and offer PPO or HSA matching plans, and cover 100% of your dental insurance. We also offer vision coverage for a split cost.
Life & Disability Insurance
All full-time employees receive disability (Short and Long Term) and life insurance. (Term Life and AD&D) We also extend the opportunity for each employee to purchase additional term life and AD&D for yourself, spouse, and children.
To apply for this job please visit headway.io.