Informa Tech is on a multi-year journey to become a digital-first, customer-centric, data-driven company. We have high-growth ambitions based on accelerating our digital revenues, and this role will be part of a multi-million-pound investment programme. We’re seeking an outcome-focused and customer centric Product Manager to support the growth of our Digital Marketing Services offering, and to help us accelerate our digital growth whilst embedding a culture of hypothesis-led experimentation and optimisation. This role sits within our Central Product Management team which acts as the centre of excellence for product management and customer-centric activities, bringing value across all Informa Tech markets.
Our organisational structure is matrix-based, with central teams (where this role sits) working closely with business units that have P&L responsibility for a portfolio of brands across media, events, research and training. As such, building relationships, partnering with and influencing P&L owners and their teams is crucial to the success of this role.
The role suits passionate, proactive, goal-oriented candidates who thrive in complicated but ambitious organisations. We don’t have all the answers and need someone to help us discover and then scale them.
We are looking for a Product Manager with a background in B2B Digital Marketing, MarTech or SalesTech that can help drive new opportunities for our business in a high growth space. We need someone who is highly customer centric, focused on creating solutions that address customer needs and uses good data to make decisions. Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Building a deep understanding of our customer use cases and our value proposition to this audience, supported by product feedback loops that you create (including but not limited to client panels)
- Aligning products to the marketing funnel, making sure we are delivering value to our clients
- Supporting the development of business cases for new products, improvements to existing products and for the underlying tech platforms
- Scaling strategy, processes, capabilities, products, platforms, changes and so on based on insights, customer value across Market Pillars
- Working with key stakeholders to create product positioning and messaging (based on market intelligence and message testing)
- Monitoring the competitor landscape to understand the products and services in our customers’ consideration set, and communicating these insights to key stakeholders
- Analyse product sales performance and identify opportunities for growth, supporting the sales team
- Analyse and make recommendations for driving value-based pricing of our products
- Working with our Data Product Managers to unlock growth potential in our data intelligence solutions
It is essential you have the following experience:
- Good understanding of the MarTech and/or SalesTech ecosystems
- Experience and understanding of digital marketing and/or demand generation within B2B
- Digital product management: experience managing, growing and scaling digital products and services
- A good understanding of data intelligence solutions
- Considerable product management experience with B2B
- Strong stakeholder management
- Captivating storyteller with excellent communication skills
- Proven experience of developing and implementing change plans in a complex multi-stakeholder environment
- Customer centric focus with experience in customer interviews and personas
We’re also looking for:
- Strong collaboration, project management, planning and multi-channel delivery experience
- Experience of managing different stakeholder relationships, developing cross-cultural networks and tactfully challenging opinions to achieve desired outcomes
- High levels of self-motivation and personal accountability, bringing enthusiasm and energy to the team and peer group
- A/B testing: hands-on experience with A/B testing, processes and analysis
- Good knowledge of best practises in user experience, SEO, engagement, funnels and conversion
- Highly organised, resourceful, and action-oriented with experience driving focus, clarity and prioritisation
- Commercial acumen: understand drivers of profitability and the commercial mechanics of our industry
- Decision-making: ability to work pragmatically, having the confidence to make quick decisions based on the available data and move forward at pace in an environment of ambiguity
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates, we make every effort to offer flexible working patterns and prioritise promotion opportunities for internal candidates. Our benefits include:
- A tailored learning and development plan and access to online material to support your career development
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits package including pension, healthcare and a range of wellbeing benefits
- Share-Match options so you can become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t fit all the requirements. If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law. This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.