ISP Learning Hub Digital Product Manager Role Profile
Purpose of Role
The Learning Hub is ISP’s online professional learning platform. It aspires to provide professional learning to colleagues, teachers, and leaders across the ISP community in a variety of formats designed to fit with their own schedules and learning styles. The potential for this service to support our rapidly expanding schools group with world class digital professional learning courses and communities is immense and our users demand a top quality service that delivers impactful learning that improves their practice and their students learning.
The Learning Hub Product Manager works tirelessly to ensure the service delivers a great experience, and that it can deliver the learning outcomes and wrap around services our stakeholders require. They carry the voice of the end user with them at all times, and use LMS usage, performance and user behavior data to inform decision making and track KPIs. The product manager identifies stakeholder needs and opportunities and designs solutions to them.
As our group expands and embeds our Learning.First. strategy, the ways in which we engage our teachers in their professional development is evolving. The role of Digital Product Manager is central to the provision of a world class, digital professional development service that delights our users and ensures they can efficiently and effectively access learning that makes real impact to their practice.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding and Health & Safety issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Are financially responsible. We make financial choices carefully based on the needs of the children, students and our schools.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
- Provide business ownership for digital professional development services to ensure requirements are fully always understood and developed with user needs in mind at all times.
- Maintain a sustained and interactive relationship with our users in order to understand each experience a customer has and maintain a detailed picture of how and when it is being used.
- Lead the development of the customer value proposition for digital professional development services.
- Produce and own the roadmap for the digital ISP professional development platform so that there is a clear and visible set of milestones and targets for the service.
- Develop the service as required to ensure it is always supporting, access and progression through learning experiences working closely with the Lead Learning experience designer.
- Own acceptance and success criteria for the service so that performance is constantly monitored, measured and reported upon to the wider organisation.
- Manage the work of the capability owner to ensure the infrastructure and associated tools and workflows are fit for purpose and meeting service level agreements.
- Support on-boarding and regional training teams to enable easy acquisition and strong retention of use.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- 5 years of digital product management with a focus on new product/service development.
- Demonstrable experience of working in AGILE environments (AGILE Practitioner status desirable).
- Experience in an education, professional development, assessment, or education publishing setting desirable.
- Demonstrable experience of using user experience research and design thinking as the foundation of product development and maintenance.
- Commercial acumen and experience of building business cases and forecasts.
- Proven success in defining and delivering successful digital products through the full lifecycle
- Strong analytical skills particularly around digital service life cycles.
- Excellent people skills capable of managing the needs of a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders and high performing subject matter experts and teams.
- Communication, networking and influencing within a matrix structure: in particular to find a consensus and a way forward which balances needs.
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
- Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
- Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.