At Jack Henry, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you’ll join us. We can’t do it without you.
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking an experienced, API focused technical product manager to join our digital banking product team. In this role you will support the team in expanding our API first process and capabilities and developer toolkit offerings. To be successful in this role you will support the API initiatives and developer experience across all digital product management. You will have engineering experience, strong product thinking, and experience in an API first environment. This role requires flexibility, critical thinking, and collaboration among product, design, business analysts, engineering, marketing/sales, operational teams, and developer relations.
Product Managers in the digital banking group champion a user-centered, data-informed process to help our company ship the right products for our users. They are researchers, strategists and evangelists, assisting teams to define and build features that delight users while delivering on the company’s strategic vision. We are looking to add a product manager to the team who will focus on our open API and developer toolkit. In this role you will work with multiple teams and collaborate with subject expert product managers to deliver the best API both for third party developers and our reference implementation.
About the team
The Jack Henry digital banking group is committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, culture, and openness—the perfect place to make phenomenal products that have a big impact. Our work environment echoes a modern tech start-up, but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company.
This position will be hired Remotely within the US.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining the product vision/roadmap for your feature areas in connection with the larger product organization.
- Collaborating with cross functional project teams to guide feature development from concept to delivery.
Tracking statistics of product adoption by customers and translating feedback into enhancement recommendations.
- Ensuring a smooth turnover between stages of the PDLC to other engineering groups, operations, support, etc.
- Monitoring each stage of the API product lifecycle and helping to improve this area of our process.
- Assisting engineering teams in API definitions to meet both end-user and developer needs while providing a great developer experience when using our API.
- Working with product teams, engineering teams, and other stakeholders to advance our API first strategy and developer toolkit roadmap.
- Interacting with user community (e.g., focus groups, ESP, customer fact finding, etc.)
- Participating in the rollout of marketing plans/campaigns related to your feature areas.
- Promoting the investigation and application of new technologies and industry trends to product management activities.
- Ensuring that products meet specifications and quality goals.
- May perform other job duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to have:
- Minimum 5 years product management experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working on digital (mobile/web applications) products.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in an API first environment.
- Must have experience as a developer/engineer with a software project from concept to delivery.
What would be nice for you to have:
- Background in finance, fintech, or banking software
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and transforming user needs into an actionable product vision and requirements definition.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and constraints to define solutions.
- Natural curiosity about how things work and a drive to make them work better.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles.
- Excellent organizational skills, analytic capabilities, and attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
If you got this far, we hope you’re feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement on this posting, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet motivated people who align with Jack Henry’s mission and can contribute to our company in a variety of ways.
Why Jack Henry?
At Jack Henry, we pride ourselves through our motto of, “Do the right thing, do whatever it takes, and have fun.” We recognize the value of our associates and believe much of our company’s strength and success depends on their well-being.
We demonstrate our commitment by offering outstanding benefit programs to ensure the physical, mental & financial wellbeing of our people is always met.
Culture of Commitment
Ask our associates why they love Jack Henry, and many will tell you it is because our culture is exceptional. We do great things together. Rising to meet challenges and seeking opportunities is part of who we are as an organization. Our culture has helped us stay strong through challenging times and we credit our dedicated associates for our success. Visit our Corporate Responsibility site to learn more about our culture and commitment to our people, customers, community, environment, and shareholders.