Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset – our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Are you a growth-minded Senior Product Manager who loves to think about the scalability and efficiency of systems for core and critical products? Are you excited to solve the challenges of 1 to n scale Do you thrive at creative thinking, discovering new opportunities and solutions for problems by looking beyond current practices and using innovative thinking? Are you skilled at grasping and communicating complex concepts to technical and non-technical audiences? Are you a self-starter and strong collaborator who enjoys breaking complex problems into smaller steps that drive iterative product development and has experience building financial products? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Justworks is seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our Benefits Unit, responsible for providing members and their families with access to high-quality healthcare, the ability to save for their future, and support in weathering the strain of life’s unforeseen events and significant milestones. These benefits only provide peace of mind to the extent they are reliable — people need to know that what they are paying for is accurate and available to them when they need it.
A successful Senior Product Manager needs to be able to think broadly when it comes to business impact while going deep with technology capabilities. We offer this role that will emphasize how core platforms and services can enable experience teams to move more nimbly to serve the market’s needs.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Own the full product lifecycle and roadmap: problem identification, solution design, spec, implementation, and validation.
- Prioritize and execute against core benefits scaling needs, including operational, platform transformation, and external partner needs, and communicate tradeoffs
- Translate the business requirements into well-defined product requirements – breaking larger initiatives into smaller, achievable pieces to make iterative progress on all fronts.
- Drive alignment on initiatives with stakeholders and keep them engaged and informed about progress.
- Create metrics and goals around feature launches; measure success post-launch and iterating.
- Partner with and lead cross-functional teams like Engineering, Operations, Design, etc.
- Manage competing priorities with consistency and transparency.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Product Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately results in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities, and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus – builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication – putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning – actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Results-driven – consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Creative thinking – discovering new opportunities and solutions for problems by looking beyond current practices and using innovative thinking.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie – Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness – Your default is to be open. You’re willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit – You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity – Simply put, do what you say and say what you’ll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity – Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in technical roles or product management, with experience writing product requirements; building and prioritizing backlogs.
- Experience using Agile Scrum methodology in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with varying deadlines and milestones.
- You have a product mindset and a track record of managing a prioritized roadmap for internal customers and proactively collaborating across different product and engineering teams.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to grasp and explain complex concepts to technical and non-technical people in different formats.
- Ability to move fluidly between technical capabilities, partner needs, and the ability to go deep into the details.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done.
- Bonus points for experience in financial wellness, retirement products, financial tech, or other highly regulated, complex spaces.
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $165,000.00 to $181,500.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.