Salary: c£70,000 per annum, depending on experience
We are currently recruiting for a Platform Product Owner to work on remote basis. This role owns the ‘platform as product’ (PaaS), ensuring there is cohesive scope for the delivery of new functions & capabilities to support stakeholders and the Livestock Information Service (LIS). The Platform Product Owner will also own and drive development of the platform, end to end, liaising in a matrix organization with a broad range of stakeholders, along with managing the platform’s performance, stability and capabilities.
Established in 2019, Livestock Information Ltd is a data led organisation with an ambition to enable a more sustainable and competitive meat and livestock sector through its single, modern, and efficient traceability service. The service aims to become an important national tool to better control endemic livestock diseases. Working in partnership with both industry and government, the sheep, goat and deer movement service and livestock identification service was successfully launched earlier this year.
This position is available as either a permanent basis or as a secondment opportunity. Both options are Home Based, with occasional travel for meetings.
- Stakeholder Management – Identify, map, engage & manage a diverse range of stakeholders
- Set & track platform KPI’s
- Build & manage a platform roadmap
- Identify, validate and ticket non-functional platform requirements
- Own and manage the platform backing
- Review & DOR (definition of ready) for functional requirement tickets submitted by Product Stream Managers
- Platform Sprint planning, Standups, Reviews, retros
- Supervising & advising a scrum team
- Release planning & messaging
- Review & optimize process where necessary
- Manage Platform Tech Debt roadmap & backlog
- Create platform governance, process documentation & collateral
- Complete data analysis to drive platform performance & stability
- Work closely with DevOps and Service Ops to ensure risks/dependencies are defined and managed
- A degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Technical background with fundamental understanding of modern stacks, micro-services, automated testing environments, DevOps, Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker
Previous experience as a Product Owner (SaaS or PaaS) or Platform Owner or Technical Product Manager
- Previous experience working with Architects, BA’s, Scrum Masters, QA, Deployment, DevOps and working with WIKI’s
Experience with Engineering & Product Tools (Jira, ADO, Aha, Productboard, Monday, Kanban, Trello etc.)
- Strong Stakeholder Management, Project Management, Negotiation & ‘relationship building’ skills
- Proven ability to balance changing demands & priorities
- Clear concise communicator with a bias for action
- Critical, analytical thinker who is comfortable challenging
- Excellent knowledge of markup languages: Python, Java, React, C++, XML, HTML
- Excellent knowledge of Graph & Relational DB, API’s, Data Lakes, Gateways, IAM, Rules Engines
- Previous Developer experience
We believe in rewarding our people for their hard work so have a great mix of benefits and opportunities, to give you the recognition you deserve, however if you are joining us on a Secondment your current terms and conditions will remain
- An extensive benefits package including 33 days annual leave plus one privilege day (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Life assurance cover (4 x salary)
- A market-leading defined contribution pension scheme with Legal & General
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Excellent training and development opportunities and an agreed development plan
- Access to the governments tax-free childcare scheme
Perkbox membership – this gives you a huge number of online discounts and savings
If you are looking to work for a friendly, focused, and driven organisation, please apply now or call 02476 935722 if you require any further information.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
At AHDB, you’ll find we are committed to developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion. This applies to both our workforce and the practices we follow.