MarcoPolo is reinventing early learning children’s media for a new generation. The company is a top global publisher of award-winning educational games and videos for children age 3-7. We inspire children to become explorers and life-long learners. We make learning an adventure, filled with the thrills and joys of discovery.
Apps include our flagship subscription-based app, Emmy-nominated MarcoPolo World School, and a suite of free-to-play apps (Weather, Arctic, Recall and Ocean).
MarcoPolo also produces award-winning content for broadcast. Our TV series, The Polos, is broadcast worldwide, including Discovery Family (USA), NatGeo (LatAm), YouKu (China) and Nickelodeon (India).
MarcoPolo is entering a growth phase with a diversified product portfolio. In the short term, this role will focus on a suite of digital products (with World School at its heart).
Over-time, this role could mature (and build a small product team) to oversee a blended learning portfolio including a suite of apps, traditional media and, in time, physical products.
This is a unique opportunity to join a proven and maturing business and technology team while taking true ownership of product management across the business as it scales.
You will develop and own product roadmaps for a suite of digital products, at different stages of development (i.e. concept to in-market). Working with the technology leads, you will run sprints and standups, prioritising features and functionality across the product lifecycle.
This role is inherently cross-functional: you will work closely with engineering, education, content, partnerships, marketing and commercial teams to bring new products and features to market, ensuring outputs and deadlines are aligned across teams. You will play a central role in ensuring an execution mindset across the business, based on company strategy and vision.
● lead delivery of best-in-class content-led children’s education product strategy and vision, supported by internal and external analysis.
● create and own product road maps based on company strategy and vision, and provide day-to-day direction to cross-functional teams to ensure growth objectives are met, including market share, user engagement, revenue and return on investment.
● improve and/or implement processes and systems to ensure effective product management and cross-team working.
● develop business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each new feature.
● lead stand-ups, demos and retros for tech and cross-functional teams.
● manage prioritisation and trade-offs between the needs of different business units.
● ensure key stakeholders own the product vision.
● supported by the leadership team, be the voice of the customer, market and partners, and use evidence-based decision making to unify strategy.
● professional experience of successfully managing 1) consumer-facing 2) subscription- based 3) multi-regional 4) mobile (and web) applications. This is not an entry level position and applicants should pay close attention to these four areas of expertise.
● experience of video streaming technologies and microservices infrastructures.
● experience of working at a fast-scaling start-up (at least Series A, if not Series B).
● experience of producing product road maps and development schedules.
● experience of leading stand-ups and managing sprints (under direction of tech leads) utilising Agile Software development principles.
● experience in pro-actively engaging with customers and conducting user testing.
● experience interfacing with a cross-functional team to define and prioritise business needs against product features and roadmap.
● strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations, drive actions, and monitor impacts.
● strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior stakeholders (ideally at C-Suite level).
● excellent attitude towards teamwork – particularly in small and/or new product and engineering teams – and evidence of strong learning and execution mindset.
● professional experience of education, children’s and/or video-led products and services
● experience of using Asana as project management tool.
● familiarity with technologies incl. Unity, AWS technologies, Spring Boot, Typescript.
Competitive salary based on experience, with benefits/incentives to be discussed.
The company is based in London, New York and Shanghai, with dev teams in Germany and Italy. We operate a remote working model and will prioritise the best candidate in any location. Note that the majority of the tech team work on UK/European time zones, and the working language of the company is English.
Applying for the role:
Please send your CV and a short email/cover letter responding directly to the qualifications specification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com