About the job
Role: Product Owner
Location: London, Tavistock Square
Hybrid: 3 days in the office
As MICHELIN Connected Fleet, a division of the Michelin Group, leader in sustainable mobility for 130 years, we specialise in connected fleet management services and solutions. We are a market leader with over 30 years expertise in a high-growth, competitive mobility technology industry. Today we serve 70,000 customers and over 600,000 vehicles globally, growing more than 10% per year, and entering at the rate of 3 new markets a year. Our AI (artificial intelligence) technology and ML (machine learning) algorithms ensure all fleet data delivers tangible benefits to our customers. Our insights transform operational efficiency, reducing costs, ensuring the safety of drivers and goods while reducing environmental impact, paving the way to predictive fleet management. Backed by Michelin Group and operating under the Michelin Connected Fleet name, we will be a major player in this market in the coming years.
We know our planet is at risk and we urgently need to find innovative ways to protect it. At Michelin, pioneering is what we do: We are innovating constantly, to explore new opportunities, with, around and beyond tires to lead the way in sustainable mobility. Our people act for change, with respect, and as leaders. We care about giving people a better way forward. Our dream is rooted in a single purpose: by 2050, Michelin will be recognised as a critical innovation leader that helped humanity conquer new frontiers. And we all work hard every day to realise this dream.
OUR PEOPLE & WAYS OF WORKING
At MICHELIN Connected Fleet, agility is not a word – it’s a lifestyle. We gather entrepreneurial minds who are not afraid to fail fast and learn quickly, every day. We think long term and act short term, we grow fast and love what we do. We believe in an inclusive working environment, building teams with a variety of backgrounds, skills, views and opinions. Among our 400 employees in Europe, we proudly benefit from around 30 nationalities. We thrive because of the diverse background and talent of our people. We nurture our team’s growth with several companywide development programs – including our Diversity, Mentoring and Sustainability programs.
THE ROLE IN SHORT:
Our product team is growing, and we are looking for a Product Owner to help deliver the product roadmap for the next generation of connected fleet solutions.
As Product Owner you will oversee the execution of a product vision into a high-quality finished product. By gaining a deep understanding of the user and product business case, you will champion the user’s needs within a development team. You will use your experience to communicate and motivate the development team to deliver agile stories and user value. You will be accountable for delivered functionality and quality while managing planning, releases, and go-live requirements.
In this role, you will report to the Product Manager and work closely with other product owners, engineers, UX/UI designers, data scientists, and cross-functional operators to deliver complex products. We are looking for a thoughtful and enterprising applicant who is excited to drive positive, impactful products that align to business goals. This is a fantastic opportunity for those who want to dig in deeper to product management while staying hands-on and connected with the development lifecycle.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING:
- Work with product managers to define roadmap, prioritise feedback, and plan releases
- Define epics and user stories in an agile context, and prioritise user stories to deliver product functionality
- Drive and participate in regular backlog refinement sessions and solution definition workshops
- Lead development execution of user stories and ensure engineer understanding and alignment
- Bring clarity to product and feature release requirements so what is build meets the goals of the release
- Organise and drive cross-functional teams to deliver to deadlines without line management authority
- Gain a deep understanding of user needs and experience, and communicate those needs clearly to your scrum team
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to translate market and customer needs into new disruptive features
- Assess competition and alternative solutions to articulate differentiators and to identify opportunities
- Identify, assess, and mitigate risks for project and delivery
- Measure success in terms of adoption, engagement and other key KPIs of the solution
- Provide support to other areas of the business through the implementation process
TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU WILL LIKELY HAVE:
- University degree, and a track record of continuous professional growth
- 3+ years direct involvement with information technology / SaaS applications
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Strong organisational skills
- Ambition and initiative to drive change with the confidence to embrace new ways of working in an ever-moving sector
- Experience of product ownership within an Agile methodology
- Experience with Agile tools like Jira
- Experience using Product Management tools including Aha!, Miro, Figma, Dovetail, Mixtapanel
- Ability to effectively manage conflicting needs of stakeholder
In-depth skills in requirements identification and clarification
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills, ability to juggle multiple competing priorities, delegate within team, and ability to work under deadline pressures
- Exceptional ability to collaborate, openly communicate, present and negotiate effectively across disciplines, vendors, partners and customers
- Demonstrated experience delivering results in a changing environment, the ability to work independently and be a self-starter
Work-life balance is important to us at Michelin Connected Fleet, so we offer our teams as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust our teams to know how they work best, combining remote and collaborative working, with a flexible approach to hours. This allows our people the time and space for life outside of work.