Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our award-winning, online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal.
Founded in 2017, our technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of more than 400 people across our London and Brighton offices.
Motorway is now valued at over $1 billion and is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having raised £143 million in Series C funding.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up at a crucial phase of growth, build amazing products and help change an industry for the better.
Product Culture at Motorway
At Motorway, we’re strong believers in the value of empowered teams. As a Product Manager, you’ll work with a cross-functional squad to determine the right things to build that deliver the most value to our customers and the business. You’ll do this using a dual-track discovery/delivery approach, rapidly evaluating opportunities through user research, data analysis and experimentation, and you’ll measure and communicate your impact based on outcomes rather than outputs.
You’ll lead a cross-functional squad responsible for building the tooling and workflows that will enable Motorway to maintain our outstanding level of customer service as the business continues to scale at pace. This includes both custom solutions developed in-house, and third party solutions such as Zendesk, Talkdesk and Ultimate AI.
You’ll work closely with senior stakeholders in the customer experience and operations teams as well as your own squad to identify opportunities for operational efficiency and customer service excellence, and set and deliver an ambitious roadmap.
- Develop a deep understanding of the different agent groups and their workflows to identify the biggest opportunities. A benefit of this role is that you’ll have easy access to a very willing group of users to help validate your solutions.
- Drive the agent tooling strategy. Evaluate new product opportunities and create proposals (buy/build/partner) for new capabilities.
- Work closely with your squad to scope, build and measure innovative solutions, generate learnings and continuously iterate.
- Create and own an ambitious, outcome-driven product roadmap for your team, aligned with our wider strategy and vision.
- Prioritise ruthlessly, ensuring that the squad remains focussed on solving the most important problems and that you can communicate the rationale behind your decisions.
- Work with our data team to define metrics for measuring success and regularly monitor and report on the performance of products and new features.
- Lead stakeholder sessions to update on the squad’s progress, discovery/ experimentation findings and the impact of features shipped.
- Evangelise customer service excellence initiatives and communicate product launches internally.
- Stay on top of technological and industry trends, highlighting how we can proactively stay ahead of the curve.
- Experience working in a customer support related product role.
- Experience working with 3rd party support products and technologies, ideally Zendesk and Talkdesk.
- Familiarity with the latest developments in the generative AI space, with experience integrating AI chat with customer support being a bonus.
- A desire and ability to make an impact, demonstrated by a track record of delivering products or features with significant positive outcomes.
- Extensive experience of leading cross-functional teams in an outcome-driven way. Comfortable with delivering at speed, learning quickly then iterating.
- A customer-centric attitude. You strive to create amazing user experiences and know the importance of continuous discovery, regularly engaging with your users, gathering feedback and validating assumptions.
- A passion for product management as a discipline and a drive to continuously improve ways of working.
- Naturally collaborative with a strong sense of humility.
- A curious mindset and ability to quickly develop strong domain knowledge.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate clearly with a mix of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to adapt quickly to new situations.
- Drive to win and a willingness to take bold decisions when necessary.
- A competitive salary
- Stock options
- Annual learning budget – you can choose how you like to learn and find the best learning experiences to support your progression.
- BUPA health insurance
- Discounted dental through BUPA
- Discounted gym membership through BUPA
- On-Hand volunteering membership and one paid volunteering day per year
- Hybrid working from home (approximately 1-2 days in the office a week)
- Workplace Nursery scheme
- Pension scheme
- Motorway car leasing scheme – lease a zero-emissions electric vehicle at a significant discount
- Enhanced parental leave
- Top spec M1 MacBook Pro and accessories
- Regular social events
- Cycle to work scheme
Equal opportunities statement
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where people can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.