At Parkinson’s UK, we’re here for everyone affected by the condition, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or socioeconomic class. We’ll find a cure. Together. People with Parkinson’s deal with a wide range of symptoms, and live with a condition that will be with them for the rest of their life. New tech is always emerging that might help them, but information is scattered or unreliable.
About the role
This role is offered on a 24 month fixed-term contract
As UX/UI Designer for Parkinson’s UK Trusted Tech, you’ll help create a new product that will connect people with Parkinson’s to devices and apps that could improve their quality of life, and give them the context and assurance to choose the right solutions for them. You will help shape the end-to-end design process to research, design and test ways to solve our users’ problems in this area.
You’ll be central to turning our vision for Trusted Tech into reality, helping the Senior Product Manager by defining user journeys, creating and testing prototypes, building wireframes and mockups to guide development, and being an advocate for the user throughout the process. You’ll be part of a new Product team within a much larger group, and will have the chance to significantly shape the role and your impact.
What you’ll do:
- Champion the user within this product and across the wider organisation.
- Conduct user research to understand the users’ needs.
- Build prototypes and conduct user testing to explore and validate our product hypotheses.
- Work collaboratively with a small, growing team to create an entirely new product within an established UK charity
What you’ll bring:
- Ability to focus on the user at all times and to be a champion for building the right solution for them.
- Passion for building products that make a difference in people’s lives.
- Ability to work on your own initiative as part of a close-knit team.
- Commitment to working with our user communities to co-create the right solutions for them.
- Experience working as part of a true Product team is highly desirable.
We’re looking for someone who has worked in user research, prototyping, user testing and wireframing, but don’t hesitate to apply if you only have some of this experience. We want to find the right person who’s able to grow into the role.
This is an exciting time for Parkinson’s UK and we would love you to join us!
The closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 11th December, but we may close applications early. First interviews for this role will be held on the afternoon of Friday 15 December, and second interviews on the morning of Tuesday 19 December.
As well as flexible working hours, this role is offered on a flexible contract giving you the opportunity to also work from home three days a week. You’ll be required to cover your own travel expenses to the office.
Anyone can get Parkinson’s. It’s vital that the people who work for Parkinson’s UK are representative of our diverse community. We actively encourage people from all sections of the community to apply, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, age, disability, sexual orientation, or religion.