Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Product Manager for Payments.
What you will do:
- Build and deliver the vision, strategy and product roadmap for one of the most critical pieces of Patreon’s infrastructure: our payments, billing and fraud management product.
- Lead discussion and decision-making around complex issues of pay-in and pay-out strategies, billing frequency and retry strategy, payment provider and payment method mix, fraud and fraud management, refunds and chargebacks, and reliability & scalability
- Work closely with cross-functional teams from engineering, data science, design, finance, legal and more
- Understand and influence the roadmaps of our external payment providers
Skills and experience you possess:
- 5+ years of experience building billing, payments, fraud or financial products in a product management role.
- 5+ years Product management, experience managing 1-2 product teams.
- Attention to detail – we process and pay out a lot of money on behalf of creators. There is little room for error.
- Strong understanding of the billing and payments ecosystem and provider stack. Have operated payments at scale.
- Strong understanding of fraud and fraud management strategies
- Recurring Revenue experience (Subscription billing)
- Deep customer centricity
- A track record of revenue growth.
- Inspiring and motivating – Ability to tell a story for the problems you’re solving and the vision you want to realize; balanced with the details
- Agility & Flexibility – we’re a dynamic, high growth company in a new and expanding market; we need people who are able to think on their feet and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ownership – the desire to be accountable to metric-moving outcomes
- Exceptional communication skills & leadership presence
Projects you may work on:
- Scaling up Patreon’s payment processing platform
- Designing and implementing effective billing strategies
- Implementing controls around the movement of Creator funds
- Maintaining and optimizing Patreon’s fraud management tools
What you will have the chance to learn:
- The dynamics of the Creator economy
- The global payments ecosystem from end to end
- Operating at huge scale – we process thousands of payments per second
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we’re working towards this, please click here. If you identify with a traditionally underrepresented group of individuals in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply!
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.