As Product Director you will drive innovation, design, and deliver enhancements and market driven platform capabilities into the Carrier and Broker solution sets of the PCS Prime Express AI-Platform. Inspiring and evolving an in-demand Carrier and Broker logistics solution set you will lead the transformation of this mid-market solution to be the market leading platform. Measured by the mid-market customer, Truck Load, Less-Than Load, Intermodal and Brokered loads. You will enable high velocity growth by evolving Prime Express into a market leading Carrier-Broker platform.
This Executive will be tasked with expanding and automating a foundation to support PCS Software’s rapid growth and scale. Those results include annual revenue, annual bookings, sales motion process and adoption, deal desk, sales pipeline and backlog, market identity, sales satisfaction, and value selling.
Those activities include strategic planning, customer engagements wins, hiring, onboarding, training, territory planning, organizational design, a repeatable-automated sales methodology & process, KPIs and OKR’s. In addition, a key aspect of the role is establishing a standardized-repeatable and predictable sales process from contact to close. It is also to align the sales and marketing strategy and budgets, to ensure realization of the go-to market objectives and goals. Specific responsibilities include:
● Deliver enhancements to the Carrier-Broker products driving Annual Revenue and Earnings growth per Plan
● Deliver a seamless UX/UI Carrier-Broker solution set
● Deliver enhanced market leading Carrier and Broker functions that are based on AI/ML mathematical algorithms
● Lead the Carrier-Broker solution set
● Integrate seamlessly the Carrier-Broker solution set with all other aspects of the platform including Shipper, 3PL, Freight and Parcel solutions
● Conduct market research including monthly focus groups
● Conduct customer, prospect, and market surveys
● Conduct competitive analysis including hands-on competitive product decomposition and scoring
● Deliver the PCS Carrier-Broker AI-Platform Roadmap with Quarterly user stories and Annual epics
● Lead the Agile scrum teams delivering the Carrier-Broker SaaS solution sets
● Lead the packaging, bundle pricing in all markets
● Lead and deliver Carrier-Broker branding on the Prime Express platform
● Create and clearly establish the customer use and buying journey for the Carrier-Broker solution set
● Lead National User Conferences with thousands of carriers, brokers and partners present in dynamic, high energy venues
● Support Regional User Conferences
● Key spokesperson at Company, User Conference and Market events
● Develop data-driven analyses delivering financial value in bookings and revenue
● Take an active role in evaluating M&A transactions; provide guidance throughout the integration process as it relates to product and platform strategies
o Recruit and develop talented product professionals through ongoing coaching and management. Develop product metrics and reporting capabilities that support productive, focused product management discussions and activities.
o Foster a service mindset to ensure cooperation and engagement with other leaders across the organization
o Participate in Executive Meetings and conversations associated with Product, Engineering strategies and results
● Experience innovating and leading Product and platform innovation, 10 years
● Formal Product Agile ideation process training and experience
● Cultural fit / High EQ: Will be able to work well with the Design, and Software Engineering teams
● Implement constructive changes as needed
● 10 years SaaS Software Product experience required
● Experience with Transportation Management Systems (TMS) / Logistics / FreightTech preferred
● Successful in previous high growth SaaS software company
● Demonstrated track record of attracting, recruiting, retaining, and mentoring world-class Product talent, as well as successful individual Product contribution
● Undergraduate degree is required
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND PERSONAL CHARACTER:
● Matches PCS’ employee-chosen mantra “No Excuses, Just Results”
● High Integrity
● Say-Do Ratio
● Fierce Competitor
● Natural Leader
● TEAM. We not me
● Can Do, Positively
About PCS Software:
PCS Software is an AI-driven transportation management platform leader fielding disruptive innovation for mid-to-large sized enterprise shippers, carriers, and brokers in the United States and Canada. Cloud-based, API-integrated, PCS Software automates the entire transportation logistics operation via a single, comprehensive solution. The PCS platform delivers powerful functionality to manage rate and route optimization, mode selection, dispatch/tendering, carrier and fleet management and more.
About LLR Partners:
LLR Partners is a private equity firm investing in technology and healthcare businesses. We collaborate with our portfolio companies to identify and execute on key growth initiatives and help create long-term value. Founded in 1999 and with more than $5 billion raised across six funds, LLR is a flexible provider of equity capital for growth, recapitalizations, and buyouts.
About The CapStreet Group:
The CapStreet Group is a Houston, Texas based private equity firm investing in owner-managed, lower middle market companies. CapStreet targets companies operating in industrial and outsourced business service sectors, including tech enabled services and software businesses. CapStreet’s approach is to partner with strong management teams with the goal of building out corporate infrastructure, accelerate growth and profitability creating long term sustainable businesses.